The Tower Scholar Award assists with the out-of-state surcharge and recognizes outstanding students from outside of Ohio and Monroe County, Mich. We look at factors such as your academic achievement and school curriculum to come up with a scholarship award that can make UT as affordable as your in-state schools.
- Visit Opportunities
- Request Information
- Admission Coordinators
- Admission Requirements
- In-State Tuition Requirements
- Complete Application
- Student Life
- Living On Campus
- Financial Aid
Rocket Hall, Suite 1300
Mail Stop 338
Toledo, OH 43606
Monday - Friday
8:15 am - 5:00 pm
*Evening appt. available
*Sat. visit opportunities
Tower Scholar Award - Out-of-State Students
|High School GPA|
|+3.75||3.50 - 3.74||3.25 - 3.49||3.00 - 3.24||2.75 - 2.99|
|29 - 28/1320 - 1250
|27 - 24/1240 - 1090||$6,500||$3,500||$3,500||$3,500||$1,500|
|23 - 22/1080 - 1020||$6,500||$3,500||$3,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|21 - 20/1010 - 940||$3,500||$3,500||$3,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|19 - 18/930 - 860||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,000|
|17 - 16/850 - 770||$1,500||$1,500||$1,000||$1,000||$1,000
Award Range: Up to $15,620 per year
• 2.75 cumulative H.S. GPA or a 21 ACT/990 SAT
This award guarantees a scholarship equal to UT's out-of-state surcharge (estimated at $9,120) for students, outside of Ohio and Monroe County, Mich., who are admissible to the University. This award is a four-year, renewable scholarship. In addition to the out-of-state surcharge, eligible students can receive the scholarship amounts in the above grid based on their cumulative high school GPA and ACT/SAT scores.
For high school students, the scholarship amounts can be increased by review of FAFSA information, higher ACT/SAT test scores, and/or higher cumulative high school GPA, all of which must be submitted prior to the March 1, 2013 deadline.
- Annual review for renewal will be at the end of each spring term, unless placed on a term by term review.
- Scholarship Appeal is required if the student has less than a 3.0 cumulative GPA and/or earns less than 30 credit hours during the annual assessment period.
- One appeal is allowed over the award period of 8 consecutive semesters if the cumulative GPA is a 2.3 or higher and/or earned hours are 22 or greater. No appeal is allowed for a cumulative GPA less than 2.3 and/or earned hours less than 22.
- If the appeal is approved, the following grid reflects the permanent award adjustment.
|100% Renewed||75% Renewed||50% Renewed|
|No Appeal Required||Appeal Required||Appeal Required|
|Cumulative GPA Minimum||3.0||2.7||2.3|
|Minimum Annually Earned Credit Hours||30||26||22|