Professional MBA Program
- COBI Home
- MBA Home
- College of Graduate Studies (COGS) Home
- Contact Information
- Prospective MBA Students
- Admissions Information
- MBA Curriculum
- Plan of Study (PDF)
- Financial Information
- Tuition and Fees
- Graduate Assistantships
- Current MBA Students
- Fall 2013 Schedule Grid (PDF)
- Spring 2013 Schedule Grid (PDF)
- MBA Majors (PDF)
- Career Services
- Current Student FAQs
- Registration Guidelines (PDF)
- Academic Calendar
- Activate UTAD Account
- Dual Degree Programs
- JD/MBA Program
- MD/MBA Program
MBA Program Links
Each year the College of Business and Innovation (COBI) offers Graduate Assistantships to MBA students with a history of academic excellence. We are only able to offer Graduate Assistantship (GA) awards to a very small percentage of applicants, so being selected is a great privilege.
Typically, Graduate Assistants will work with a faculty member in one of the COBI departments, assisting with research, class preparation, and special assignments. Some Graduate Assistants will also be placed in the Office of Student Retention and Academic Success, EMBA Program, CoBI College Computing Office, and the Business Career Programs Office.
A full GA includes tuition waiver for 4 classes each Fall and Spring, 20 hours of work per week on campus and a stipend. A half GA includes tuition waiver for 2 classes each Fall and Spring, 10 hours of work per week on campus, and a stipend. Most GA awards do not cover Summer semesters. All GA awards include approval to purchase faculty/staff parking permits.
The deadline to apply is March 1st each year. The minimum requirements to be considered for a GA award are an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher, and a GMAT score of 500 or higher. Scoring well on the GMAT is the best way to increase the likelihood that you will be selected for a GA award.
You must do the following by March 1st to be considered for an award:
1.Submit all program application materials to the College of Graduate Studies
- Online application for graduate admission
- $45 non-refundable application fee
- Typed Statement of Purpose
- Official transcript from each collegiate institution attended
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) results
- Three letters of recommendation
- For international applicants, TOEFL or IELTS score, and a financial statement are also required
Graduate Assistantship awards will be announced in late April or early May.