Global Target Program
With the dynamic growth of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and other international markets, manufacturers and service providers in Northwest Ohio have increased export opportunities; however, entering these markets can seem daunting due to the complexities of the exporting process.
The Global Business Development Institiute at The University of Toledo’s College of Business and Innovation in partnership with United Parcel Service (UPS) and the U.S. Commercial Service provides access to experts that can help companies enter into new global markets quickly and with greater knowledge and confidence through the GlobalTarget program.
Why Join GlobalTarget Program
Our program is designed to meet the needs of small and medium-sized business interested in expanding into global markets. GlobalTarget can help your company develop plans to improve your business’ supply chain, understand export financing, and develop market entry strategies. GlobalTarget participants meet monthly for specialized sessions covering topics such as:
- International Marketing
- Sales Terms, Incoterms and Sales Contracting
- Payments and Finance
- Legal Strategies
- Global Supply Chain
Membership in GlobalTarget at The University of Toledo provides an interactive, inexpensive, and fluid method to help you expand your company’s knowledge. This allows you to properly deploy resources to successfully enter the global marketplace. Members will have an opportunity to work with experienced mentors and others from the public and private sectors who offer current best practices for operating in global markets. The knowledge and tools learned at the meetings will enable companies to execute global strategies more quickly and effectively.
Participating companies identify a management-level individual (and one alternative) with responsibilities for the company’s international development and advancement, to attend this program. The course content is delivered by experienced exporters.
If your company needs additional guidance in “going global”, this program will help you gain the confidence you need to enter new international markets. Program features include:
- Relevant topics address your company’s needs and provide information to help you move into new global markets.
- Monthly meetings featuring distinguished experts that address various aspects on international business.
- Exporters serve as mentors willing to share their international experience with you.
- Access to ancillary educational programs offered by The University of Toledo College of Business and Innovation such as the Schmidt School of Professional Sales and the Center for Family and Privately-Held Business.
- Educational sessions are recorded and made available to participants through UT's MediaSite webpage.
- Access to complimentary U.S. Commercial Service Gold Key Matching or International Partner Search (IPS) services supported by UPS.
- The Gold Key Matching Service provides customized one-on-one appointments with pre-screened agents, buyers, distributors, sales representatives, association and government contacts, and licensing or joint venture partners to help you find the right business partners in your targeted market.
- The International Partner Search (IPS) is a report that will help to identify and secure pre-qualified global partners through high-quality market information on the sales potential for your products and services in an international market.
The fee of $1595 includes a one-year membership for two individuals to receive all program features outlined above. Parking, meals and administration costs are all included. Members also receive access to the U.S. Commercial Services International partner Search (IPS) or the Gold Key Matching Services at no additional cost, made possible by the generous support of United Parcel Service (UPS).
2013-14 Session Dates
- October 25, 2013
- December 6, 2013
- January 10, 2014
- February 7, 2014
- March 7, 2014
- March 28, 2014
- April 11, 2014
- May 2, 2014
Global Target Session 1 Presentations
Content Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zi18bg99ttf826y/BC-jRjlFEH
Global Target Session 2 Presentation
For More Information and Registration
Contact Barbara Scouten at 419.530.2068 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, download an application form at:www.utoledo.edu/business/global/target/. Email the completed form to email@example.com or fax to: 419-530-2101. If you wish to mail the application, send to: Barbara Scouten, The University of Toledo, College of Business and Innovation MS 103, Global Business Development Institute, Toledo, OH 43606. Your application will be reviewed and you will receive a timely response.