- Testing Services Home
- Meet the Staff
- Main Campus Test Center
- Scott Park Test Center
- National Standardized Testing
- Distance Learning Test Proctoring
- Career Specific Certifications
Prior Learning Assessment
Military Service Center
- Academic Policies
- Assessment Plan
- Center for Successful Aging
- Diversity Resources
- Maps, Directions
- Office of Accessibility
- Online Learning
- Rocket Solution Central
- Strategic Planning
- Student Organizations
- Testing Services
- UT Learning Collaborative
- Writing Center
The University of Toledo is offering an on-campus Residual ACT test. This test is for students who have not yet taken either the ACT or SAT and plan to attend The University of Toledo (UT).
What is a Residual ACT?
A Residual ACT means the ACT scores are good only at the institution that is offering the test. Scores will not be released to another school.
ACT Residual testing is strictly limited to students who have enrolled, have been admitted, or have officially applied to UT. Scores from this Residual Test are reported to UT for admission, course placement, and advising purposes. Test scores cannot be sent to any other institution.
Why take the Residual ACT? If you take the Residual ACT, you:
- would not have to take a COMPASS test prior to attending UT’s New Student Orientation
- would have better placement in courses at the appropriate skill level, allowing a greater opportunity for college success
- could potentially enroll in your desired major for fall (some majors have an ACT requirement)
- could potentially increase scholarship dollars from UT
|Test Date||Fee Payment Deadline||
|Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013||Friday, Nov. 22, 2013||Nov. 22. 2013|
|Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014||Friday, Jan. 31, 2014||Jan. 31, 2014|
|Saturday, May 17, 2014||Friday, May 2, 2014||May 2, 2014|
|Saturday, July 19, 2014||Friday, July 3, 2014||July 3, 2014|
Where: Memorial Field House Room 1080
2801 W Bancroft Street, Toledo. OH 43606
Time: Check in is at 9:15 a.m. with your photo ID
Test beginning promptly at 10:00 a.m.
Testing will conclude around 1:30 - 2:00 p.m.
How to Register: Registration and pre-payment is required.
- Complete registration form
- Students can find their Rocket Number on their admission letter
- Electronically submit
- Send check or money order to The University of Toledo, Attn: Karen Gries
For test takers with disabilities:
Special accommodations are available for students requesting the following:
- extended time (50% more time)
- marking responses in the test booklet
- an interpreter for spoken instructions
- food, drink or medication during testing
For special accommodations, test takers will also need to complete the Office of Accessibility Residual ACT Request for Accommodations form and submit documentation meeting Office of Accessibility documentation guidelines by the dates listed above.
Costs: $65 (non-refundable)
Please note that you are not fully registered for the ACT Residual Test until payment is received.
Send payment to: (Check or money order only made out to The University of Toledo)
Attn: Karen Gries
The University of Toledo
2801 W Bancroft MS 458
Toledo, OH 43606
Contact Testing Services for information about the ACT Residual or National tests at 419.530.3266.
Test Day Procedures:
- Arrive early. You will not be admitted to the testing room once the test has begun
- Bring an ID with a photo and signature (driver’s license, state ID, passport, school ID)
- Calculators (model: TI83) will be allowed in the math portion of the test. Calculators are not provided.
- Cell phone use is restricted during testing and must be turned off.
- Your test session will be video monitored and recorded for security purposes.