- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports and Recreation
- Entertainment and Shopping
- Professional Life
If you like to shop, Toledo has something for you too! The Toledo area has numerous malls and shopping centers for you to visit. If you enjoy indoor malls, Toledo has the Westfield Franklin Park Mall, which is just a few miles up the road. Some popular shops located within the mall are Forever 21, Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister, American Eagle Outfitters, Charlotte Russe, J Crew, Charming Charlie, Coach and many more!We also has two outdoor malls that are amazing to shop at during any time of the season:
- The Shops at Fallen Timbers in Maumee
- During the winter, the shops has a little ice rink that you can skate on while taking a break from shopping and in the summer, there is a beautiful fountain where you can rest in between visiting the numerous stores. Fallen Timbers also has a great movie theater that plays the latest movies. Some of the stores located here are Aeropostale, Bath and Body Works, The Body Shop, dELiA*s, and Victoria's Secret. If you get hungry, there are restaurants that you can choose from, like Granite City Food & Brewery, P.F. Chang's China Bistro, and Red Robin.
- The Town Center at Levis Commons
- Need time away from the city? Travel a few minutes to Levis Commons to enjoy small boutiques or relax by getting your hair cut or a manicure. The outdoor mall offers delicious restaurants and cafes and unique stores, such as Brighton Collectibles, Francesca's and Fiddle Stix Boutique and Gallery.
Tired of shopping? Then visit the Toledo Zoo, which is one of the top zoo's in the nation. You can spend time looking at the animals, visiting the gift shop and during the winter, check out the Lights Before Christmas. Also, you can get an underwater view of hippos at the Hippoquarium, the only such zoo exhibit in the world and then move on to see over 500 species of mammals, reptiles and birds.
More of a thrill seeker? The Toledo region has something for you too! Cedar Point is located only an hour and a half away and boasts a 120-mph roller coasters with 80-degree drops! Not only does it have amazing and thrilling roller coasters but it's also known as the roller coaster capital of the world. Last but not least, it was voted the best amusement park in the world. So why not tap into your "thrill-seeking" personality and try the Gatekeeper or the Top-Thrill Dragster.
Toledo also has plenty of places close to home to keep you entertained. In downtown Toledo, the Imagination Station allows you to explore, create, and discover many interesting exhibits. It allows you to experience the world of science in a fun way by visiting the 6 different Learning Worlds. Or you can visit the Hollywood Casino right over the Maumee River. If you like movies, there are many movie theaters around the city, including Westfield Franklin Park Cinemas, Levis Commons Rave Cinema, Fallen Timbers Cinema, and the Sundance Drive-In Theatre.
Other Great Places to Experience
- The Toledo Ballet
- The Toledo Ballet boasts the longest running annual production of the Nutcracker in the United States and original, world premier dance productions. It also offers classes whose cornerstone is classical ballet but which also comprise contemporary dance including jazz, hip-hop, and modern. Tap, musical theatre and voice, adaptive dance and dance conditioning are also available. In addition, adult classes, ballet for balance and special needs classes are offered.
- The Toledo Botanical Garden
- Features shade, herb and perennial gardens, a section dedicated to All America Selections vegetables and flowers, and a beautiful hosta collection.
- Toledo Area Metroparks
- The Metroparks of the Toledo Area offers beautiful, clean, safe and natural parks where you can take walks or jog. Wildwood Metropark is right down Central Avenue, where you can visit the Manor House that is a centerpiece of the beautiful estate grounds. The Manor House is open for tours and you can sit in the beautiful adjacent gardens.
- Schedel Arboretum and Gardens
- Visit the gorgeous gardens at Schedel Arboretum, where self-guided and guided tours are available.
- Various State Parks
- Catawba Island State Park
- East Harbor State Park
- Maumee Bay State Park
- Maumee State Forest
- Mary Jane Thurston State Park
- Marblehead Lighthouse State Park