Sports and Recreation
Area Sports Teams
If you're an avid sports fan or just enjoy catching a game, Toledo definitely has something for you! The area boasts a hockey team, baseball team, a speedway, and collegiate sports.
- The University of Toledo Rockets
- During the fall, come out and watch a football game in the glass bowl. During the winter, check out a basketball game at the Savage Arena. There are many other sporting events to attend to cheer on the UT Rockets!
- Toledo Mud Hens
- Enjoy a game rooting for Toledo's own minor league baseball team at the Fifth Third Field, located in the heart of downtown Toledo.
- Toledo Walleye
- Located at the Huntington Center in downtown Toledo, catch an exciting game cheering on Toledo's own hockey team.
- Raceway Park
- Check out the area's most exciting shows, including drag racing, family thrill shows, karting, roadcourse action, and moto-cross.
Enjoy participating in sports yourself? There are plenty of places to participate in sports:
- Sylvania Tam-O-Shanter
- This is a multi-purpose facility that offers indoor ice arenas, a pro shop, restaurant, and classes - only 20 minutes from campus!
- Ottawa Park
- Right down Bancroft, Ottawa Park has a golf course, running trails, frisbee golf course, and the only outdoor ice rink in the Toledo region.
- University of Toledo Rec Center
- The student Rec Center offers weight lifting, rock climbing, and many fitness centers. Want to cool down after working out? Check out the water slide or swim a few laps in the pool. There is something for everyone at the Rec Center!
- Toledo Metroparks
- Whether you want to try out the running and walking trails or have a picnic, Wildwood Metropark is right now the road from UT and offers a wide array of outdoor activities.