Global Health Program
The Global Health student clerkship program offers students a broad array of clerkship
opportunities across the globe, that foster growth of medical knowledge through direct
patient-care experiences in another country. The experiences and rewards that students
receive are many.
Students have the opportunity to become an active member of a medical team. As a team member, you'll...
- see patients from around the world with a wide spectrum of common and rare diseases
- work with outstanding physicians representing all medical and surgical specialties and eminent scientists in basic research
- learn clinical decision-making skills at some of the largest medical group practices in the world
- participate in educational activities
- experience working with international leaders in clinical medicine
- demonstrate your abilities
- meet and interact with local community
The Global Health Program works withaffiliating institutions in international locations to offer a global health
experience to UT College of Medicine (UTCOM) students.
Global Health Experience Locations:
New Rotation Sites: Students interested in participating in these new rotations should contact Deb Krohn, Global Health Advisor, at 419.530.2549 or email@example.com for more detailed information.
- The American University of Beirut – Beirut, Lebanon
- Jordan Hospital – Amman, Jordan
- Lady Willingdon Hospital – Manali, India
- PSG & Sons’ Charities/PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research – Coimbatore, India
A Global Health experiences include but are not limited to UTCOM students completing particular clerkships, researching, or volunteering at global health sites, during the medical school year or during summers between medical school years. The experience is credit-bearing and/or funded at least in part by The University.
Examples of International Department/ Clerkships Experience
(vary by location)
- Aesthetics and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cardiovascular medicine
- Emergency Medicine/Critical Care
- Internal Medicine & Infectious Disease
- Tropical Medicine & Infectious Disease
- General SurgeryOrthopedic Surgery Neurosciences & Neurologic Surgery Orthopedics
- Multiple Surgical subspecialties including Transplantation
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Plastic Surgery/Aesthetics and Reconstructive Surgery
- Public Health
- Traditional Chinese Medicine