Office of International Student & Scholar Services

Transfer Student Instructions

All F-1 and J-1 transfer-in students must report to International Student Orientation. On the day of Orientation an appointment will be made to complete your Transfer In.

What is a U.S. Transfer- in? Any student  transfering from a U.S. high school, college or university.

Non - U.S. International Transfers: If you are coming to UT with credits from another college or University abroad please see the section below for more information on how your course work will be evaluated.


Understanding Transfer Credit:



International Schools

If you would like to make an appointment before orientation, please call the Office of International Student & Scholar Services at 419-530-4229.  

Please bring the following documents to the appointment:

  • Passport, visa page
  • Financial documentation that proves your funding (graduate assistantship offer letter, bank statements, scholarship letter, etc.) 
Last Updated: 6/9/16