- Commencement Home
- Commencement Dates
- Commencement Guide
- Commencement Speakers
- Graduation Application
- Tassel Colors
- Parents, Friends, and Family Visiting
- Directions and Parking for the Commencement
- FAQ - Accessibility
- Registrar's Office
- Past Speakers
Frequently Asked Questions about Commencement
1. Where do guests/family members/friends needing handicapped parking assistance find
Guests/family members/friends who have an appropriate state handicapped parking permit needing to access handicapped parking can park in Lot 4 off Douglas Road (Spaces in Lot 4 are available on a first come, first serve basis) Overflow parking will be available in Lot 18 and Lot 19 and will have accessible shuttle bus service available to/from Lots 18 and 19 to the main entrance of Savage Arena.
2. Where are handicapped accessible restrooms located for guests/family members/friends?
Handicapped accessible restrooms are located near section 104, section 107, as well as throughout the arena.
3. Will there be wheelchairs available at the arena?
Yes, wheelchairs will be available near the entrance of Lot 4 for guests/family members/friends needing assistance from their vehicles to the accessible seating area. Please note that these wheelchairs are available for transport purposes only. Please be prepared to provide adequate ID upon request to borrow a wheelchair for transport.
4. Where can guests/family members/friends find accessible seating in the arena?
Accessible seating can be found on the concourse level of Savage Arena in the following sections: Section 104 and 107. Please note that folding chairs will be provided for those needing companion seating.
5. Will the main ceremony have Sign Language Interpretation?
No, the main campus commencement ceremony will provide captioning for Deaf or Hard of Hearing individuals attending.
PLEASE NOTE: For information about specific college commencement ceremonies, please contact the college hosting the event.