- AMIC Home
- More Information
- Charge Policy
- Cash Policy
- Invoice/Project Description Form (PDF)
- Contact Information
Health Science Campus
Block Health Science Building
- The Core Cash system is launched to maximize the use of Core Facilities and to facilitate faculty recruitment and retention.
- Core Cash may be used to cover regular service fees in any of the existing Core Facilities, except for the actual cost of materials/reagents, such as gene chips, protein chips, and antibodies.
- Core Cash may be issued only by the HSC Provost.
- Department Chairs may request Core Cash (up to $50,000 per department per year) to retain productive faculty, support new research projects, and promote research activities among trainees.
- Department Chairs may request Core Cash (up to $50,000) as a part of the start-up package for newly recruited faculty.
- Department Chairs may request Core Cash (up to $25,000) to complement institutional bridge funding.
- Core Cash may not be used for on-going research projects with extramural funding.
- Core Directors may claim Core Cash as income for the Core Facility for budget justification.
- Core Directors may use a minor portion (less than 5%) of service hours as Director’s discretionary credit hours to optimize the operation protocols and to develop newer technologies/applications.
- The Associate VP for Finance and Strategic Planning will notify Core Directors of newly issued Core Cash awards.