School Psychology Program Application and Admission Procedures
Deadlines for admission to begin the program in Fall 2016:
First Application Deadline: December 15, 2015. Applications will be reviewed and on-campus interviews will be held on January 21st or 22nd, 2016.
Second Application Deadline: February 15, 2016. Applications will be reviewed and on-campus interviews will be held on March 17th or 18th, 2016.
Final Application Deadline: May 15, 2016. Applications will be reviewed and on-campus interviews will be held on June 2nd or 3rd, 2016.
Submit your application and the following materials to the College of Graduate Studies:
- Graduate school application for the Master’s degree in School Psychology (Main Campus Application).
- GRE scores (taken within the last 5 years).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, at least one of which must address the applicant’s academic potential (i.e., from a University faculty member).
- Statement of purpose, which should be 2-3 pages, and detail why the applicant would like to pursue a career in school psychology and may include personal experiences. The statement of purpose should be typed and submitted to the Graduate School rather than typed in the space provided in the online Graduate School application. It can be mailed or emailed to the College of Graduate Studies office or uploaded on the online application. For more information see the College of Graduate Studies at http://www.utoledo.edu/graduate/prospectivestudents/admission/SubmitMaterials.html
- Official Undergraduate transcripts (and Graduate if appropriate).
- Professional Resume.
Review of applications:
Once an applicant's file is complete, it will be forwarded to the Department Screening Committee for consideration. To be consistent with national training standards and to ensure sufficient faculty members are available to advise and mentor students, there are a limited number of applicants who are admitted into the program each year. As a result, admission is competitive. The Screening Committee will notify those applicants that have been invited for a campus interview soon after the application deadline dates. All applicants interested in being considered for the program must participate in the interview day. Prior to arriving to the interview day, applicants must interview a school psychologist and ask the questions found at this link, Questions for school psychologist.
Question about applying or admissions?
Contact Wendy Cochrane, Program Director at Wendy.Cochrane@utoledo.edu or 419-530-2013.
Questions about being a UT school psychology graduate students?
Contact one of our current students, Kandyce Ruiz at Kandyce.Ruiz@rockets.utoledo.edu