Mission, Goal, and Objectives
The mission of the Center for Successful Aging at the University of Toledo is to enhance quality of life for older adults through collaborative education, research and service endeavors. The Center accomplishes its mission through education of health care professionals, scholarly activities, and development of programs treating older persons with dignity and compassion. The Center's programs focus on issues of successful aging in northwest Ohio and lead to opportunities for collaboration with others at state, national and international levels.
The Goal of the Center for Successful Aging is to become the geriatric and gerontology expert in education, research and services for the northwest Ohio community and beyond.
In order to meet the goal of the Center for Successful Aging, the Center will:
- Provide geriatric and gerontology educational experiences to students at UT and beyond;
- Provide geriatric and gerontology educational experiences to health care professionals at UT and beyond;
- Provide geriatric and gerontology educational experiences to older adults in northwest Ohio and beyond;
- Support and conduct research projects that focus on issues of successful aging;
- Support community initiatives that focus on issues of successful aging;
- Provide gerontology and geriatric resources for students, faculty and older adults and their families that support successful aging; and
- Engage in service opportunities that support successful aging.
The Center for Successful Aging is partially funded by the Clair Martig Endowment through the University of Toledo Foundation.