- Don’t prop open building/residence hall entrance doors/windows. Rectify these situations when you observe them.
- Don’t leave keys unattended or give them to unauthorized persons.
- Immediately report lost keys or ID cards to the appropriate office.
- Secure all sensitive material/information when not able to attend to it.
- Secure sensitive deliveries in a timely manner.
- Secure all areas when not attended. Make sure doors to loading docks and emergency exits are not propped open.
- Be aware of unfamiliar persons in, or visitors to, your office, lab, etc.
- Protect access codes and combinations and change codes regularly. Report compromised codes immediately.
- Secure your laboratories, studios, darkrooms, and other areas people should not be in when unattended.
- Be sure to keep building doors and windows locked when the building is closed and not open for business.
- Do NOT allow tailgaters enter facilities behind you.