- Intro to Online Teaching
- Blackboard Toolkit
- Designing Your Course
- Does Quality Matter?
- Request Test Proctoring
- Register for Workshops
- Visit Our Showcase
- Creative Services
- Classroom Services
- Educational Technology
- Lecture Captures
- Instructional and Research Technologies
- UT Online
- Learning Ventures Home
Memorial Field House
Mail Stop 129
Instructional designers work collaboratively with faculty in the design and development of online and blended learning courses. They also work with Creative Services staff and educational technologists in the development and delivery of courses to ensure Best Practices are seamlessly incorporated.
Instructional designers can meet with you to:
- Craft a course development plan
- Discuss learning objectives for online and blended learning courses
- Recommend design choices - such as course structure, learning activities, assessment strategies, and orientation guidelines - which align with learning objectives
- Recommend appropriate technologies that can enhance student learning
- Provide guidance regarding copyright and accessibility issues
- Discuss strategies for building and facilitating online communities in your courses
- Discuss strategies for promote academic integrity online
- Provide guidance regarding management of the online workload
- Collaborate with Creative Services staff in the creation of multimedia learning objects for optimal usability
- Collaborate with educational technologists regarding the effective use of technology
- Discuss course design evaluation results and Quality Matters standards for course
Request a Consultation
Instructional designers hold office hours Monday through Thursday each semester. Faculty and teaching assistants for online and blended courses are welcome to stop by for an instructional design consultation, or to schedule an appointment with them to discuss Quality Matters and Best Practices for online learning.
Phoebe Ballard, M.Ed.
Sr. Instructional Designer
Memorial Field House 3040C
Education, Health Science and Human Service: HEAL, LGL, RCRT, RCBS, SOCW
Languages, Literature and Social Science: AFST, COMM, DST, ENGL, GEPL, LST, MLS, PSC, WGST
Visual and Performing Arts
Thursday: 10 AM – 12 PM
Claire Stuve, M.A.
Main Campus (M,W,F): 419-530-4383 | Memorial Field House 3045D
Health Science Campus (T,R): 419-383-5816 | Collier Building 4204
Medicine and Life Sciences
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Mondays (Main Campus): 1 – 3 pm
Tuesdays (Health Science Campus): 10 am – 12 pm
Mingli Xiao, Ph.D.
Memorial Field House 3040B
Adult and Lifelong Learning
Education, Health Science and Human Service: CI, CIEC, COUN, EDA, EDP, ETPT, HIM, HCAR, KINE, PED, RESM, SLP, SPED, SPSY, TSOC
Languages, Literature and Social Science: CHIN, ECON, HIST, JPAN, PHIL, PSY, REL, SOC, SPAN
Tuesday: 1 PM – 3 PM
Peter You, Ph.D.
Director of Faculty Support and Special Projects
Memorial Field House 3045B
Business and Innovation
Education, Health Science and Human Service: CRIM