- Intro to Online Teaching
- Blackboard Toolkit
- Designing Your Course
- Multimedia Design
- Does Quality Matter?
- Request Test Proctoring
- Register for Workshops
- Visit Our Showcase
- Creative Services
- Classroom Services
- Educational Technology
- Lecture Captures
- Instructional and Research Technologies
- UT Online
- Learning Ventures Home
Memorial Field House
Mail Stop 129
**This behavior was added in the Service Pack 2 update to Windows XP to help add a layer of security to the browser. In theory it helps prevent the drive-by download scenario common to spyware that attempts to install without your permission. Therefore WebCT/BB9 students who need to download PPT, DOC, PDF, etc. files may experience difficulty. IE offers a way to temporarily allow a one-time file download each time as needed.
- If a file has been selected for download, but nothing happens watch for the ‘yellow information bar warning message’ at the top of the webpage just under the window tabs. Click on the bar and select Download File... a pop-up screen will then appear prompting to open or save to the file.
- The same will be true when trying to open or view a video, Flash or Shockwave file if you do not have the Active X plug-in on your computer.
IE Download Prompt Disable Instruction
**This behavior was added in the Service Pack 2 update to Windows XP to help add a layer of security to the browser. In theory it helps prevent the drive-by download scenario common to spyware that attempts to install without your permission. Therefore WebCT/BB9 students who need to download PPT, DOC, PDF, etc. files may experience difficulty. If you feel comfortable in disabling this feature rather than temporarily allow download as in the previous lesson, IE offers a way to permanently override the warning.
- Click on the Custom Level button. Locate Downloads in the list and the Automatic prompting for file downloads. This is set to Disable by default. Switch the setting to Enable to stop receiving the Information Bar warning in IE. Click Apply then click OK to close Internet Options.
- All future downloads will now start automatically instead of presenting the Information Bar warning message.
If you have any questions please contact UTLV@utoledo.edu or 419.530.8835.
Online Learning Guide: http://www.utoledo.edu/dl/faculty/Bb9/index.htm
Blackboard Training Schedule: https://utdl.edu/DL_training
Learning Ventures Blog: http://wordpress.utoledo.edu/learningventures
Epsilen Group: http://www.epsilen.com/grp/UTLearningVenturesGroup