- JHCEHSHS Home
- Dean's Welcome
- About the College
- Departments & Programs
- Clinics & Special Programs
- Centers & Research
- Grants / Projects
- Research Consultation Center
- Support Your College
A) The Assessment Committee (AC) will consist of one full-time Faculty who is either tenure eligible or who has an open-ended, continuing contract from each department (except Military Science), elected by each department and two non-voting ex officio students, one graduate and one undergraduate, nominated by College Council Members and confirmed by a simple majority vote of College Council The Dean or a designee that holds an academic administrative position and the University Assessment Committee college liaison will be non-voting, ex-officio members of this committee.
- Each Department Chairperson is responsible for organizing the elections for the selection of the departmental representative to this committee. The name of the department representative that will serve for the next academic year should be forwarded to the College Council Chairperson by April 15.
- Faculty members shall serve a term of two years with half the members rotating off the Committee each year.
- Faculty members shall serve no more than two consecutive terms.
- Student members will serve for a one-year term.
B) The AC shall have the following responsibilities:
- Elect a Chairperson and determine procedures for Committee operations.
- Assist Administrators responsible for assessment tools as appropriate to develop College-wide assessment tools to ensure continuous improvement process for all aspects of the College
- Assist Administrators responsible for assessment tools as appropriate to develop assessment tools to help meet common accreditation standards across programs of study.
- Make recommendations based on College-wide assessment data to improve College and ensure student centeredness.
- Consistent with the University Assessment Committee guidelines, the specific responsibilities
of Committee include:
- Ongoing development and implementation of the College assessment plan
- Development of college-wide assessment tools
- Analysis of the results of college level assessment activities
- Assessment-based feedback to the College Council and Dean
- Review of department assessment plans to ensure that plans are in place to assess program performance and use assessment results to guide improvements
- Submission of documentation of college and department assessment activities to the University Assessment Committee in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines
|Assessment Committee Members|
|Criminal Justice and Social Work ((2012-2014)||Richard Johnson|
|Curriculum and Instruction (2011-2013)||Marcella Kehus|
|Early Childhood, Physical and Special Education (2011-2013)||Dawn Sandt|
|Educational Foundations and Leadership (2011-2013)||Noela Haughton|
|Health and Recreation Professions (2011-2013)||Eric Longsdorf|
|Kinesiology (2011-2013)||Jim Rankin|
|Rehabilitation Sciences (2011-2013)||Max Baumgartner|
|School Psychology, Legal Specialties and Counselor Education||Mike Spiros|
|Undergraduate student member (selected by Council)||TBD|
|Graduate student member (selected by Council)||Joseph Zimmerman
|University Assessment Committee Liaisons (non-voting)||Rebecca Schneider & Chris Roseman|
|Dean's disignee (non-voting)||Barbara Kopp Miller|