- IECSE Teachers
- ECE Teachers
- College Faculty
- In The News
- Forms/Guides to Support Itinerant Consultation Practices
Announcements"Guide to Itinerant ECSE Services" book published!
2801 W. Bancroft, MS-954, Toledo, Ohio firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Development Workshop: Charlevoix- Emmett Intermediate School District, Boyne City, MI August 23, 2011
- Consultation & Embedded Instruction - Related Services - SST Region 11: Columbus, OH April 16, 2010
- Professional Development Workshop: Shelby County, Alabama March 2010
- Professional Development Program-SST Region 11: Columbus, OH Oct. 30th & Nov. 20th
- Presentation-CEC-DEC-Annual Conference: Albuquerque, N.M. October 2009
- WSOS Professional Development Workshop: Bowling Green, Ohio Sept.3 2009
- Professional Development Workshop: Appleton WI, March 2009
- Professional Development Workshop: Shelby County, Alabama February 2009
- OCCRRA Conference Participants:Mohican State Park Conference March 2008
- Project DIRECT SNAPSHOT: What does the Consultation Model look like?
- HIGHLIGHTS: Project DIRECT Policy Brief approved
- Project DIRECT Training: Itinerant ECSE Training Modules
- EVENTS: September 5 & 6 Conference Presentations
Within a consultative approach, the Itinerant ECSE teacher functions primarily as a consultant, working with other adults to support the implementation of IEP goals in the regular curriculum. This website contains materials that addresses the purpose and benefits of a consultative approach to:
- Delivery of itinerant early childhood special education services
- Curriculum planning and intervention methods
- Training needs of practicing itinerant early childhood special education teachers
Itinerant ECSE service delivery and professional practices related to this service delivery option are often overlooked in licensing preparation, in ECE and Special Education, at the undergraduate and graduate levels. It is important to note that in AY 05-06, approximately 20% of children with IEPs, ages 3-5 years, were being served via itinerant services versus special education classroom placement.
The following are links to resources pages to assist teacher education colleagues with the instruction of Itinerant ECSE teachers:
Please visit this site periodically so you can examine additions to site content, resources to concerning Itinerant ECSE services in Ohio and across the U.S.