About Project Need To Read
- NTR Home
- Contact Us
- Results of the School Studies
- Results of the Parent Studies
- Put text here, highlight, then select Link from the menu
The University of Toledo Main Campus
MS 954, Gillham Hall
Criteria to Participate:
- Students in grades K-2 identified as having reading difficulties by their teachers/school personnel,
- Parental consent for participation of their child, and
- Primary reading teacher/paraprofessional consent to participate in the study.
Software Used in the Study:
Funnix computer-based reading program
Headsprout computer-based reading program
School personnel and their students with reading difficulties will be randomly assigned to one of the three groups: A funnix group, a Headsprout group, and a control group. School personnel in the Funnix group and the school personnel in the Headsprout group will implement the Funnix and Headsprout programs as Tier 2 interventions. School personnel in the third group will continue with the regular reading instruction/support. all children will be pre and post-tested using DIBELS progress monitoring measures by the Project staff. Further, the Project staff will teach school personnel on how to use the computer-based reading programs and will observe them being implemented at least twice during the implementation period.