WELCOME TO THE COLLEGE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
- Welcome from the Dean
- About COGS
- Diversity Plan
- Assessment Plan
- Prospective Graduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Graduate Council
- Graduate Student Association
- Staff Directory
- Academic Program Forms
- Theses and Dissertations
- Professional Development
- References and Resources
- Graduate Assistantships
- External Research and Fellowship Opportunities
- Scholarships and Awards
- Staff Contacts
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
Step 1 - Format Review
- Submit your document as an attachment in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org for a format review by the posted deadline. The ETD Format Review Request Formmust be attached to the e-mail submission.
- A format review is not required, but is strongly encouraged to prevent delays in graduation which could result in required re-application for a future term.
- You will receive e-mail notification, sent to your utad account, once your document has been reviewed. The e-mail will provide information if there are formatting corrections to be made or it will state that your document is in compliance with the formatting required to upload to OhioLINK.
Step 2 – Upload Completed Document (PDF) to OhioLINK
- Complete the OhioLINK ETD Center submission process and upload final document (in PDF file format) to OhioLINK by the posted deadline.
- Detailed Instructions for OhioLINK process
- The college of Graduate Studies will be notified immediately when your document has been uploaded to OhioLINK.
- If there are any problems with your document, you will be notified via your UTAD email and will be given five business days from the date the notification is sent to make necessary changes and upload your corrected document to OhioLINK. If the corrected document is not submitted to OhioLINK within the five business days or any of the required forms/processes are not completed, students will be required to re-apply for graduation for the next term.
- The final release of all theses and dissertations occurs after all degrees have been conferred for the term, generally 30-45 days after commencement.
Step 3 – Completion of Required Forms
- Submit Approval of Thesis / Approval of Dissertation Form hardcopy with all required signatures to the College of Graduate Studies (UH 3240) by posted deadline.
- Submit Intellectual Protection Form hardcopy with all required signatures to the College of Graduate Studies by posted deadline.
Step 4 -For Doctoral Students Only
- Upload information and pay associated fees to ProQuest UMI (www.etdadmin.com/utoledo)
- Detailed instructions for ProQuest UMI process. Please follow these instructions carefully.
- Complete Survey of Earned Doctorates on-line and submit Certificate of Completion to College of Graduate Studies.
- Deadlines apply to all students submitting a thesis or dissertation and are strictly enforced.
- Check with your advisor to ensure that all department and college requirements and deadlines are met in a timely manner to ensure compliance with Graduate College deadlines.
- If you have questions about deadlines or required materials, please contact the Graduate College (419.530.4269 or GCAcademicSvcs@utoledo.edu ).