Welcome to Division of Health Education
- Eta Sigma Gamma
- Contact Webmaster
Office of Student Services
Gillham Hall MS914
Toledo, OH 43606
Student Services Website
Since its beginnings in 1967, the purposes of Eta Sigma Gamma have been to promote the academic, research, advocacy, and teaching achievements of a wide range of health education students and professionals and to offer its members opportunities to network and work together on activities that improve the health of communities and advance the professional abilities of the members. The long term goal is to assist students and professionals more effectively function as exceptionally effective health education practitioners.
The mission of Eta Sigma Gamma is promotion of the discipline by elevating the standards, ideals, competence and ethics of professionally prepared men and women in Health Education.
- Supporting the planning, implementation and evaluation of health education programs and resources
- Stimulating and disseminating scientific research;
- Motivating and providing health education services
- Recognizing academic achievement
- Supporting health education advocacy initiatives
- Promoting professional standards and ethics
- Promoting networking activities among health educators and related professionals
Benefits of Membership
1.Build relationships and friendships with students and faculty members in your field.
2. Network with others who are dedicated to a career in health education.
3. Improve your leadership skills and gain valuable work-related experience.
4. Improve your professional credentials and build your resume/portfolio.
5. Improve your communication and presentation skills.
6. Network with potential employers.
7. Increased opportunities to be involved in professional research and publishing.
8. Attend professional conferences.
9. Enrich your life through community service.
10. Increase health education and health promotion on campus.
- Health Science Major
- GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Regularly attend meetings and participate in ESG events
- Must earn points by attending meetings and participating in events
2014-2015 Executive Board
President: Jessica Sloan
Vice President: Mallory Rinckey
Secretary: Gabby MacKinnon
Treasurer: Jeannine Everhart
Historian: Megan Glynn
Research Chair: Monita Karmakar
Service Chair: Beth Deakins
Education Chair: Laurasona Leigh
Social Chair: Alexis Davis
Advocacy Chair: Amy Nagel
Fundraising Chair: Raymond Crews
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Amy Thompson
Co-Advisor: Lexi Blavos
Gammans in Action!
For more information, please contact Dr. Amy Thompson at 419-530-4171 or email@example.com.
or visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-University-of-Toledo-Eta-Sigma-Gamma-Iota-Chapter/153872888056210