Welcome to Division of Health Education
- Eta Sigma Gamma
- Contact Webmaster
Office of Student Services
Gillham Hall MS914
Toledo, OH 43606
Student Services Website
The Master of Public Health (MPH) degree is offered through the Northwest Ohio Consortium for Public Health (a consortium between the University of Toledo and Bowling Green State University). The consortium offers five majors: Health Promotion & Education; Environmental & Occupational Health & Safety Science; Public Health Administration; Public Health Epidemiology; Public Health Nutrition. This consortium is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
The curriculum for the Health Promotion and Education (HPRO) major focuses on methods for planning, implementing and evaluating educational and behavioral changes as well as programs that enhance health. Students are prepared for positions that emphasize program planning, health promotion, health education, disease prevention and social action. Graduates work in business, voluntary, non-profit and governmental agencies at the local, county, state and federal levels.
Health Promotion and Education program graduates will have the following competencies:
- Implement, administer and evaluate health promotion and education programs.
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge that is critical to the role of a health promotion and educational professional.
- Coordinate the provision of promotional and educational services in health.
- Assess individual and community needs.
- Apply principles of community organization, health behavior and educational processes to plan effective health promotion and education programs.
- Apply appropriate research methods.
- Act as a health promotion and education resource.