- Kinesiology Home
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty and Staff
- Contact Information
- Guest Parking
Master of Sciences in Exercise Science
Admission Requirements and Assistantship Details
- Acceptance into University of Toledo College of Graduate Studies.
- Graduated from a CAAHEP - accredited Athletic Training Education Program.
- NATABOC certified or posted to take exam.
- Eligible for State of Ohio Board of Athletic Training Lecensure.
- Academic interest in Athletic Training.
- Recommended cumulative GPA > 3.0
- Recommended GRE score > 900.
- Provide athletic training care in one of two clinical settings:
- On campus (University of Toledo Men and Women's NCAA Division 1 Athletics).
- Off campus(Toledo areas high schools).
- Potential to assist in the clinical education of The University of Toledo undergraduate athletic training students.
Available Clinical Sites:
Delta Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine
- Delta High School, Delta, Ohio
- Evergreen High School, Metamora, Ohio
- Cardinal Stritch High School, Oregon, Ohio
- UT Baseball
- UT Football
- UT Softball
- UT Swimming and Diving, Tennis
- UT Track and Field/Cross Country
- UT Volleyball
- Erie Mason High School, Erie, Michigan
- Maumee Valley High School, Toledo, Ohio
- Springfield High School, Holland, Ohio
- Summerfield High School, Petersburg, Michigan
- Bowsher High School, Toledo, Ohio
- Rogers High School, Toledo, Ohio
- Rossford High School, Rossford, Ohio
- Start High School, Toledo, Ohio
- Scott High School, Toledo, Ohio
- Waite High School, Toledo, Ohio
- Whiteford High School, Ottawa Lake, Michigan
- Approximately $12,000 to $13,500 stipend for a 10 month assistantship depending on
the clinical site.
- Position also includes tuition waiver.
- Some assistantships also offer a general fee waiver.
- Contribute to an academic athletic training program with a strong foundation in research.
- Complete a high quality thesis related to lower extremity injury, prevention, mechanism
- Aspire to become a scholarly clinician, meshing both academic and clinical educational experiences.
- Greater consideration will be given to applicants who apply by January 15th.
- Applications will be considered after this date depending on availability of graduate assistantships.
- For application to the Graduate program, complete the application procedures found
- Additional information about the department may be found at: http://www.utoledo.edu/healthsciences/depts/kinesiology/