- Speech Language Pathology Home
- Mission and Strategic Plan
- Department Overview
- Speech Language Hearing Clinic
- DaZy Aphasia Centre
- Northwest Ohio Intensive
- SLP as a Profession
- Graduate Program
- Admissions & Application
Info for Graduate Program
- Graduate Program
Handbook and Forms
- Early Decision to Graduate
- Clinical Extern Practicum
- Certification and Licensure
- Grant Opportunity
- Undergraduate Program
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- Advising - FAQ
Health and Human Service
RECOMMENDED SEQUENCE FOR THE CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE PROCESS
Obtain application for license to practice as a speech-language pathologist in the state of Ohio from:
Ohio Board of Speech Pathology and Audiology
Complete forms verifying practicum experiences; have forms verified by Program Director. The Department may verify your graduation to the Licensure Board by letter.
Have sent directly to the Board:
1. Official transcript of all graduate coursework
2. Official ETS transcript of National Examination in Speech Pathology (600 or higher score is necessary)
Complete the supervised Professional Experience Plan and have signatures notarized.
Forward appropriate fees.
1. Take the PRAXIS examination during last semester of enrollment (Specialty Exam: Speech-Language Pathology; ASHA Exam) as described above.
2. Obtain the application form from Student Services in Gillham Hall, Room 3100 (3rd Floor), from 8:30-5:00, Monday-Friday.
3. Provide verification of accomplishments of all requirements for the degree: transcript and verification of clinical practicum hours.
4. Obtain verification signature from Program Director.
5. Submit all materials to Tim Lewandowski, (419-530-2495) Student Services, Gillham Hall, Room 3100 (3rd Floor).
The University of Toledo students must meet University core requirements as well as the following:
1.Undergraduate coursework in speech-language pathology as described on the Undergraduate Plan of Study, including normal bases of speech, language and hearing as well as disorders courses and the following requirements:
Students may meet the requirements through one of the following options: