Clinical Medical Librarian, Mulford Library
- Bachelor of Arts in English and Spanish, University of Michigan, 1991
- Bachelor of Nursing Science, Loyola University Chicago, 1996
- Master of Library and Information Science, Wayne State University, 1998
Bridget has been a librarian at UT since 2008. In 2012 she became the Clinical Medical Librarian at Mulford Library. She is primarily responsible for supporting the College of Medicine and working to enhance evidence-based practice via collection enhancement, teaching and mediated searching. She has been both a nurse and a librarian for nearly fifteen years and brings a wealth of experience from clinical and academic settings.
- Faricy-Beredo, Bridget. "Setting the Course: Revisiting the Dawn of Nursing Information Literacy Scholarship in the work of Fox, Richter and White." Evidence Based Library & Information Practice 8.4 (2013): 151-159. Web. 19 Feb. 2014. <http://ejournals.library.ualberta.ca/index.php/EBLIP/article/view/19407/15996>.
- Faricy-Beredo, Bridget. “Blowing up Harry Potter: Leveraging an NLM exhibition to your advantage.” Public Services Quarterly 9.1 (2013): 34-45. Print.
- --- “Cracking Open Access” Letter. Chemical and Engineering News, 25 Oct. 2004: 9. Print.
- --- “Is it Legal?” National Network, 27.1 (2002): 22-23. Print.
Presentations & Posters
- Faricy-Beredo, Bridget. “Assessment of the Library in the Learning Management System.” 2011 Educational Technology Conference, Columbus, Ohio, January 31 – February 2, 2011. Presentation.
- Faricy-Beredo, Bridget, Phoebe Jane Ballard, Misa Mi, Gerald Natal, Elaine Marie Reeves, and Arjun Sabharwal. “Going the Distance: Creating an eLibrary for Non-Traditional Students.” Fourteenth Off-Campus Library Services Conference, Cleveland, Ohio, April 28-30, 2010. Poster session.
- Faricy, Bridget. “Medical Research: Tips and Tricks for the Legal Librarian.”Michigan Association of Law Libraries Annual Conference, Grand Rapids, Michigan. 5 May 1999. Presentation.
- Faricy-Beredo, Bridget. Rev. of Fast facts for the student nurse: nursing student success in a nutshell, by Stabler-Haas, Susan. Choice. [in press].
- --- Rev. of Virginia Henderson International Nursing Library, http://www.nursinglibrary.org, by Sigma Theta Tau. Choice. Oct. 2010: 87. Print.
- --- Rev. of Grey Literature Report, www.nyam.org/library/pages/grey_literature_report, by New York Academy of Medicine. Choice. Oct. 2010: 87. Print.
- --- Rev. of The future of the nursing workforce in the United States: data, trends, and implications, by Peter I. Buerhaus, Douglas O. Staiger, and David I. Auerbach. Choice. Oct. 2009: 86. Print.
- --- Rev. of The Exhaustion Cure: up Your Energy from Low to Go in 21 Days, by Laura Stack. Library Journal 1 Apr. 2008: 104. Print.
- --- Rev. of A Simple Plan: Alternative Medicine Made Very Easy, by Colleen C. Badell. Library Journal 15 Mar. 2006: 91. Print.
- --- Rev. of Nursing America: One Year Behind the Nursing Stations of an Inner-City Hospital, by Sandy Balfour. Library Journal, 1 Feb. 2005: 108. Print.
- --- Rev. of Forensic Nurse: The New Role of the Nurse in Law Enforcement, by Serita Stevens. Library Journal, 15 Sep. 2004: 75. Print.
- --- Rev. of Disaster Nursing and Emergency Preparedness for Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Terrorism and Other Hazards, by Tener Goodwin Veenema, Library Journal, 15 Sep. 2003: 90. Print.
- --- Rev. of Patient Care Standards: Collaborative Planning and Nursing Interventions, by Tucker, Susan Martin, Mary M. Conobbio, Eleanor Vargo Paquette and Marjorie Fyfe Wells. Medical Reference Service Quarterly, 20(3), 2001, p. 101-102. Print.