- Academic Support
- Career Resources
- Student Media
- Student Organizations
- Student Achievements
University HallRoom: 4600
Completing a college education is no small task, but to help you along the way the University of Toledo and the department of communication offer you scholarships, internships, financial aid, and work-study programs. Last year the department awarded almost $50,000 in scholarships, if you're eligible make sure you take the time to apply. Scroll down to the description of each award/scholarship and you'll find a listing of the recipients.
Tofind out about UT's general scholarship program: http://www.financialaid.utoledo.edu/scholarshipcontents.html
Internships are a great opportunity to apply what you've learned in the classroom. Click on internships for information on the department's internship program. For information on financial aid and UT's work study programs: http://www.financialaid.utoledo.edu/
Applying for UT Department of Communication Scholarships
No awards or scholarships continue automatically. You must apply every year. Complete the following six steps and discover if your accomplishments have earned you one of the awards or scholarships granted to the UT Department of Communication majors each year from university funds or from private donors who support students within the department.
You must be at least a sophomore for some and a junior for other scholarships. Read the descriptions carefully. To qualify for scholarships/awards, you must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA unless otherwise stated in the description of the particular award/scholarship. No exceptions will be made.
Only graduating seniors are eligible for the Department of Communication Award.
1. In the first paragraph, indicate your status, concentration, GPA, social security number, expected graduation date, and the name of the award/scholarship for which you are applying. (No one with a GPA less than 3.0 will be considered unless otherwise stated in the description of the award/scholarship. No exceptions will be made.)
2. List the reasons you believe you meet the qualifications for the award or scholarship.
3. List your extracurricular activities. (Involvement in extracurricular activities and community service enhance candidates' applications.)
4. List your employment experiences.
5. Explain why the award / scholarship would help your education.
6. Do not send letters of recommendation.
UT Department of Communication Awards/Scholarships
Other Scholarship/Award Opportunities- If your GPA is 3.0 or higher, and you have a career interest in a communication field, please review the Department of Communication notebook containing scholarship/ award notices in University Hall 4600.
Send one self-addressed,stamped envelope along with your application/s to:
Awards Committee Chair
UT Department of Communication
University Hall Room 4600
University of Toledo
Toledo, OH. 43606