- Economics Home: Welcome Note from our Chair
- In the News
- Current Course Offerings and Tutoring Hours
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Secretary
- Emeritus Faculty
- Admission Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course List
- Financial Assistance
- International Students
General Graduate School Requirements:
- Baccalaureate or professional degree earned from a department of approved standing and granted by an accredited college or university.
- A2.70 accumulated point hour ratio for all previous academic work or indicated performance under Sections 5 or 6 below.
- Prerequisite academic work which gives evidence that the applicant should be able to pursue effectively the graduate work in the department in which specialization is desired.
- Acceptance by the Economics Department.
- All applicants with less than a 2.70 cumulative hour ratio on all undergraduate work are required to forward results of the Graduate Record Examination Aptitude and/or other appropriate qualifying examinations as specific by the Economics Department. On the basis of the results of these examinations, the Economics Department will make a recommendation to the Graduate School.
- It is within the discretion of the Economics department to require the Graduate Record Examination or other qualifying examinations for all applicants. Students with an undergraduate degree in Economics (or Business) from the University of Toledo normally do not need to take the GRE. The same is true for students with degrees from recognized U.S. schools. Consult with the department's Graduate Advisor if questions remain regarding this requirement.
- International students are invited to apply for admission to the Graduate School. In addition to the requirements for regular
students from non-English speaking countries must achieve satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language
and the aptitude
and advanced sections of the Graduate Record Examination. All international students must also demonstrate that they have
resources for their graduate education before they can be admitted. International students are required to complete a Financial
and must enclose supporting documentation. Contact the Graduate School of The University of Toledo for current information
amount of stipends.