- Faculty Recognition
- Faculty Resources
- Common Syllabi
- UT Writing Studio
- Technical Writing Learning Outcomes
- Course Descriptions
- Contact Us
Memorial Field House
1st Floor, Room 1500
Mail Stop 126
ENGL 2960: Organizational Report Writing
Catalog Description: Instruction and practice in report writing within an organizational context. Emphasis on the analytical report based on research. Prerequisite: ENGL 1100 or 1110 English core course
The Four Focus Areas
The core of this course consists of the following four skill areas.
- Research Skills (using primary and library research to discover and employ information)
- Correspondence Skills (learning the generic conventions of each)
- Promotional Writing Skills (may or may not use primary research; to disseminate information; to inform and persuade public audiences that organizations communicate with)
- Visual Communication Skills (may appear as separate assignments or as components of other assignments)
Significant time will also be devoted to the research process, including discussions on finding, evaluating, and incorporating research into texts, reviewing at least two documentation practices, and establishing ethical practices when researching human participants.
Most ENGL 2950 courses are web-enhanced with Blackboard sites. Expect to post responses to discussion boards, submit papers online, and engage in chatroom discussions and live collaborative sessions as well as meeting in a traditional classroom. Critical reading and a research paper are required.
For more information concerning Composition II courses, please see our Common Syllabi page: http://www.utoledo.edu/llss/english/programs/composition/geninfo/program_goals.html