College of Languages, Literature and Social Sciences
- Interesting News and Events Around the World
INTELLIGENCE SQUARED DEBATES: Next Live Debate Topic (10/07/14): Mass Collection Of U.S. Phone Records Violates The Fourth Amendment
Other Upcoming Debates
Past Debates (Watch at any time or just see results!)
LLSS Calendar of College Events
- Friday, September 25, 2015 10:00 - 11:45 AM, Doermann Theatre - University Hall
- GEOGRAPHY & PLANNING COLLOQUIUM SERIES - Panel for UT Presidential Inauguration Week, "Creating a Social Compact Between the City of Toledo and The University of Toledo: From Knowledge to Action".
- Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:30 - 2:00 PM, 2591 Student Union
- DISABILITY STUDIES @ UT - Dr. Stephanie Kerschbaum, Associate Professor of English at the University of Delaware. "Disability, Identity, and Teaching: A WORKSHOP on Engaging Disability Productively in the Classroom".
Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:00 PM, 2584 Student Union
- DISABILITY STUDIES @ UT - Dr. Stephanie Kerschbaum, Associate Professor of English at the University of Delaware. "Faculty Disclosing Classroom: Rhetorical Agency, Narrative, and Materiality".
- Friday, October 2, 2015 2:30 - 3:30 PM, 3066 Snyder Memorial
- GEOGRAPHY & PLANNING COLLOQUIUM SERIES - Josh Ackers, University of Michigan-Dearborn. "Urban Planning".
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:00 - 8:30 PM, Libbey Dining Hall
- UT CENTER FOR RELIGIOUS UNDERSTANDING - Peter Feldmeier, The Murray/Bacik Chair of Catholic Studies - The University of Toledo. "The Pope Goes Green: Francis and Climate Change". Free reception to follow. Call 419.530.6190 for more information.
- Friday, October 9, 2015 10:00 - 11:00 AM, Driscoll Center Auditorium
- DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY - "Conversation with the Presidents". Real Talk with Drs. Sharon Gaber, UT President; Johnnetta B. Cole, Anthropologist and former President of Spelman College; and Brian Kennedy, President of Toledo Art Museum. Call Willie McKether at 419.530.5506 for more information.
- Friday, October 9, 2015 6:00 - 9:00 PM, Student Union Auditorium
- State Representative Kevin Boyce honored as Outstanding Alum from the College of Languages, Literature and Social Sciences. Boyce earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science in 1995.
- Sunday, October 11, 2015 3:30 PM, Driscoll Center Auditorium
- ANNUAL MARYSE AND RAMZY MIKHAIL MEMORIAL LECTURE -Dr. Thomas Abowd, Department of Anthropology at Tuft University. "Jerusalem and the Prospects for Peace in Palestine/Israel". For more information, contact Debbie Corkins at 419.530.4616.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015 3:30 - 5:00 PM, 4280 University Hall
- DEPARTMENT OF WOMEN'S AND GENDER STUDIES - Student Research Showcase. Abby Hinman presents "Body Positive Magazine for Women".
- DEPARTMENT OF WOMEN'S AND GENDER STUDIES - Student Research Showcase. Melissa Gressman presents "Silencing Tactics of Social Media." Snacks provided. For more information, call 419.530.2233.
- Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:30 to 5:00 PM, 4700 University Hall
- UT CENTER FOR RELIGIOUS UNDERSTANDING - Peter Feldmeier and Ammon Allred, The University of Toledo. "A Conversation: Is There a God or Some Other Ultimate Reality". Moderated by Jeanine Diller. Light refreshments. Call 419.530. 6190 for more information.
- Friday, October 23, 2015 2:30 - 3:30 PM, 3066 Snyder Memorial
- GEOGRAPHY & PLANNING COLLOQUIUM SERIES - Alessandra Faggian, The Ohio State University. "Regional and Urban Economics".
- Thursday, October 29, 2015 7:00 - 8:00 PM, Field House Auditorium
- SCHOOL OF INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES, DISTINGUISHED LECTURE SERIES - Aaron Belkin, Director of the Palm Center. "On the Precipice of Victory?: Why the Military Is About to Let Transgender Troops Serve". Reception for event is 6 to 7 PM. For more information, call 419.530.2238.
- Friday, October 30, 2015 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, McQuade Auditorium (UT Law School)
- THE HENRY L. HARTMAN SYMPOSIUM ON LAW, PSYCHIATRY AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE 2015. "Presenting Behavioral Data in Legal Proceedings". For more information, contact John McSweeney at 419.530.2722.
- Friday, November 6, 2015 2:30 - 3:30 PM, Snyder Memorial
- GEOGRAPHY & PLANNING COLLOQUIUM SERIES - Dennis Keating, Cleveland State University. "Housing and Neighborhood Development".
- Thursday, November 19, 2015 5:00 - 8:00 PM, Libbey Hall
- HUMANITIES HAPPY HOUR - Dr. Christina Fitzgerald, Professor of English. "Medieval Men and Women Memes in English Manuscripts".
- HUMANITIES HAPPY HOUR - Dr. Kristen Geaman, Lecturer in History. "Infertility at the Royal Court: Richard II and Anne of Bohemia".