Welcome to the Foreign Language Department
- General Information
- Faculty and Staff
- Foreign Language Learning Center
- Study Abroad
- Scholarships and Assistantships
- Foreign Languages and Business
- Catalog and Course Schedules
- Internships Abroad Information
- Course Syllabi
Resources and Links
Welcome to the University of Toledo Japanese Section of the Department of Foreign
There are many new Japanese courses now available at The University of Toledo that have been established to facilitate the minor program and to further expand the department as interest and demand for such studies steadily increases.
* To fulfill the University of Toledo's foreign language core requirements in Japanese the following courses are required: 1110, 1120, 2140, and 2150. *
* To complete the Japanese language minor program a student must accumulate at least 22 Japanese course credit hours above the 2000-level. *
Meet the Japanese section instructors:
From the bottom left: Yamazaki-sensei, Hara-sensei, & Sawai-sensei.
From the top left: Kitamura-sensi, Kure-sensi, & Pawlak-sensei.
The Japanese Club meets monthly to eat Japanese food, talk, and learn about Japanese culture.
For more information about the Japanese program please contact the program coordinator, Dr. Joseph Hara.
Office: FH 2400 D
For more information about JSA (Japanese Student Association), please contact Mari Sawai at firstname.lastname@example.org.