- Geography Home
- Contact Information
- Degree Programs
- Department Flyer
- Faculty & Staff
The principal objective of the certificate program is to provide an extension to the bachelors and graduate degree programs offered at the University of Toledo in which students can acquire additional knowledge and skills in the area of geographic information processing technologies. This program can be completed as either a stand-alone program serving as an extension to a student's bachelor's degree, or in conjunction with a student's graduate program. Specific objectives of the GIS/AG program can be summarized as follows:
- For students to become skilled with the acquisition, handling and analysis of geographic data and apply these skills to problems within their profession or discipline
- To familiarize students with the analytical tools and methods to solve problems of a spatial nature
- For students to learn and understand the technical vocabulary in this area of specialization
- For students to become familiar with communication outlets for spatial information processing: books, monographs, journals, internet communications, etc.
- To enhance students' competitiveness in the job market.