- Contact Information
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Program
- Graduate Assistants
- Current Course Syllabi
- Public History Program
- Phi Alpha Theta
- History Day
- Department Facilities
Tucker Hall was built in 1935 with funds provided by the Federal Emergency Relief Agency, a New Deal program established in the midst of the Great Depression and headed by the flamboyant Harry Hopkins. FERA funneled federal funds through local agencies and ultimately made possible the construction of over five thousand public buildings, seven thousand bridges and numerous other public works projects. FERA also aided over one hundred thousand students to attend college and taught over a million adults to read and write.
Originally constructed as faculty apartments, Tucker Hall was converted into offices in the 1970s, becoming the home of The University of Toledo's history department. In 1989 the State of Ohio allocated funds to renovate Tucker Hall. Several years and millions of dollars later Tucker Hall emerged ready to serve yet another generation of students. Even while making the building fully accessible to the physically challenged, the charm of Tucker Hall's office suites, spiral staircases and gothic doors were artfully retained. The entire facility was wired for Ethernet communications, several large computer labs were added, and a state-of-the-art enhanced classroom was built for multimedia education. In 1998 The University of Toledo was ranked the 51st most wired campus in the United States.
Tucker Hall Conference Room -- TH 1122
Scott Tucker Enhanced Classroom
Tucker Hall History Library -- TH 1132