Resources and Links
- Computing Resources
- 2014-2015 Undergraduate Catalog
- LLSS Diversity Plan
- LLSS Strategic Plan
- College Council Meetings
College of Language, Literature and Social Sciences
University Hall 3160
Toledo, OH 43606
Each selected participant will be obligated to
- Attend pre-departure and post-travel weekend seminars in Toledo and give a presentation at the second event.
- Read assigned materials prior to departure and actively participate in pre-trip discussions on a distance-learning-like web-based site
- Secure a valid passport, medical clearances and any required inoculations.
- Submit the cost share payment by the due dates announced
- Work cooperatively with other participants to write lesson plans
- Present community, school and/or professional programs upon return
- Continue to be linked to individuals and organizations in southern Africa, especially through U.S. schools and community groups
- Complete comprehensive project evaluations
- Pay their own expenses associated with attending the pre-departure and post-travel workshops, transportation to and from their departure airport, and personal expenses while in southern Africa.
Prior to departure for southern Africa, all participants will read several books and articles about South Africa, Lesotho and the integration of art and social studies. Participants will be responsible for obtaining some of the books through purchase or library loan. Other materials will be available on-line. The program’s distance learning site will permit (and we will require) all participants to join interactive discussion about the readings and about other preparations (both practical and educational) for the trip. Participants will also develop lesson plans and other curriculum resources before departure to be used with students in southern Africa.