- AEC Staff
- Academic Coaching
- Workshops and Special Schedules
- Academic Support by Program
- Board Exam Resources
- General Academic Resources
- AEC Tutor Trac
- Residency Application Process
- Student Affairs
- Mulford Library
- Office of Accessibility (Main Campus Student Disability Services)
- Career Services for Students
- Learning Enhancement Center
- Writing Center
- Office of Institutional Diversity
- Diversity Resources
- University Health Services
- Faculty Guide for Student Disability Services
Health Science Campus
Tutoring Services Offered
The Academic Enrichment Center (AEC) offers a variety of tutoring services to help
you reach your academic potential.
Call the AEC to schedule an appointment. 419-383-6118.
Academic coaching prepares students with the tools necessary to accomplish their academic goals based on their learning style. Some of the services provided are:
- Assistance with the adjustment to graduate and professional level coursework
- Memory techniques
- Test taking strategies
- Study organizers
- Note taking techniques
- Time management skills
- Test anxiety coping tips
Student and tutor are scheduled to meet at a specific date and time to cover specific topics from one or more of the student's courses. The student should come prepared with questions and is expected to have studied the material on their own in advance. This service is available for select courses and depends on tutor availability. Tutoring does not take the place of classroom instruction.
Students drop in to the AEC for assistance in their courses, no appointment necessary. Drop in schedules are posted by course. E-mail announcements with available drop in times are sent based on availability and are also posted in the online scheduling system TutorTrac with the code letter D.
A group of students may schedule to meet at the same time with one tutor for a specific course. Requests can be made by contacting the AEC staff.
Peer tutoring programs linked to specific courses, for example Anatomy in the MD and PA programs. Students pre-register for specific SI leader and sessions in the online scheduling system TutorTrac.
Frequently Asked Questions
|How frequently can I meet with a tutor?|
- Group/Individual tutoring on average is scheduled once a week for a 1-2 hour session, as needed for the individual student.
- Drop-in tutoring is limited to the posted schedules.
- SI tutoring is based on the pre-set schedule depending on the needs of the course.
|Who does the tutoring?|
- Peer Tutors are University of Toledo Health Science Campus graduate and professional students who have demonstrated proficiency in the subjects that they tutor. All tutors are trained.
- Professional tutors are AEC full-time staff.
|Who can use this service?|
- Any registered graduate or professional student, regardless of his or her academic standing at University of Toledo Health Science Campus.
|How much does it cost?|
- ALL AEC services are offered at no additional charge to all students registered at The University of Toledo Health Science Campus.
|Where are sessions held?|
- All tutoring sessions are held on UTHSC—specifically in the Mulford Library (come to the AEC to meet your tutor). *SI sessions for Anatomy are the only exception (those are held in the Anatomy Lab).
|When are sessions held?|
- Anytime outside your regularly scheduled class time, (including evenings and weekends), depending on tutor availability.