- AEC Staff
- Academic Coaching
- Workshops and Special Schedules
- Academic Support by Program
- Board Exam Resources
- General Academic Resources
- Register in Tutor Trac for a Review Session
- Residency Application Process
- Student Affairs
- Mulford Library
- Office of Accessibility (Main Campus Student Disability Services)
- Career Services for Students
- Learning Enhancement Center
- Writing Center
- Office of Institutional Diversity
- Diversity Resources
- University Health Services
- Faculty Guide for Student Disability Services
Health Science Campus
Joni Trempe: Coordinator
Interested in being a Tutor next year? Contact Jessica at 419-383-4274
Tutoring Services Offered
The Academic Enrichment Center (AEC) offers a variety of tutoring services to help
you reach your academic potential.
Call the AEC to schedule an appointment. 419-383-6118.
Academic coaching prepares students with the tools necessary to accomplish their academic goals based on their learning style. Some of the services provided are:
- Assistance with the adjustment to graduate and professional level coursework
- Memory techniques
- Test taking strategies
- Study organizers
- Note taking techniques
- Time management skills
- Test anxiety coping tips
Call 419-383-6118 or 419-383-4274 to make an appointment.
Student and tutor are scheduled to meet at a specific date and time to cover specific topics from one or more of the student's courses. The student should come prepared with questions and is expected to have studied the material on their own in advance. This service is available for select courses and depends on tutor availability. Tutoring does not take the place of classroom instruction.
Pharmacy students can Drop-in during their lunch hour Monday - Thursday and after class Monday and Wednesday in the Pharmacy computer lab for help with course content and homework.
Group Review Sessions
Peer tutoring programs linked to specific courses, for example Anatomy in the MD and PA programs. Students pre-register for weekly review sessions with the online scheduling system TutorTrac.
Exam Review sessions are also conducted by Peer Tutors. No pre-registration is necessary. Check your email for notifications
Frequently Asked Questions
|How frequently can I meet with a tutor?|
- Group/Individual tutoring on average is scheduled once a week for a 1-2 hour session, as needed for the individual student.
- Drop-in tutoring is limited to the posted schedules.
- Exam Review sessions are offered for all students, no pre-registration is necessary.
|Who does the tutoring?|
- Peer Tutors are University of Toledo Health Science Campus graduate and professional students who have demonstrated proficiency in the subjects that they tutor. All tutors are trained.
- Professional tutors are AEC full-time staff.
|Who can use this service?|
- Any registered graduate or professional student, regardless of his or her academic standing at University of Toledo Health Science Campus.
|How much does it cost?|
- ALL AEC services are offered at no additional charge to all students registered at The University of Toledo Health Science Campus.
|Where are sessions held?|
- All tutoring sessions are held on UTHSC—specifically in the Mulford Library (come to the AEC to meet your tutor). *SI sessions for Anatomy are the only exception (those are held in the Anatomy Lab).
|When are sessions held?|
- Anytime outside your regularly scheduled class time, (including evenings and weekends), depending on tutor availability.