- Residency Home
- Program Highlights
- Facilities and Training Centers
- Our Residents
- Research Opportunities
- Salary and Benefits
- Living in Toledo
Additional Orthopaedic Links
- Bone Biology Lab
- Fast Facts about Orthopaedic Center
- George Issac Minimally Invasive Surgery Center
- Graduate Education Site
Health Science Campus
Dowling HallSecond Floor, Room # 2440
Fax: 419.383.6170 email@example.com
The University of Toledo Medical Center is located in Toledo, Ohio, a medium-sized city 100 miles west of Cleveland and 50 miles south of Detroit. Toledo is situated on the banks of the Maumee River and on the shores of Lake Erie in Northwest Ohio. The city has a population of about 325,000 and is a center for manufacturing with over 1,000 plants producing automotive parts and accessories, stampings, die castings, chemicals, spray equipment, scales, and glass. Toledo is home to a number of large industries, including Libbey-Owens-Ford, Libbey Glass, Owens-Corning Fiberglass, Owens- Illinois, and the Jeep Corporation. Because of its proximity to Lake Erie, shipping is also a major industry and about 2,000 U.S. and foreign vessels visit the city annually. As the cultural and economic center for Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, Toledo has a lot to offer.
- Due to it's mid-continent location and proximity to the lake, the Toledo area experiences moderate snowfall, rainfall, and tempertures.
- The plethora of metroparks and nature preserves located provide residents with a great outdoors experience with over a thousand miles of hiking trails and beautiful views. The proximity to Lake Erie and Maumee Bay is ideal for outdoors and water aficionados.
- One of the traditions is an end of the year golf outing with the residents and attendings. There are dozens of golf courses surrounding Toledo and two public courses, South Toledo Golf Club and Heatherdowns Country Club, less than three miles from UTMC.
- The Toledo Zoological Gardens is among the top 10 zoos in the country. The zoo has many activities throughout the year such as Music Under the Stars and the Lights Before Christmas.
- Downtown Toledo is full of activity with the sports arenas, theaters, and a vibrant nighlife at the Maumee River.