Additional Orthopaedic Links
Health Science Campus
Room # 1711
Welcome to Toledo
The University of Toledo Medical Center is located in Toledo, Ohio, a medium-sized city 100 miles west of Cleveland and 50 miles south of Detroit. Toledo is situated on the banks of the Maumee River and on the shores of Lake Erie in Northwest Ohio. Toledo is home to a number of large industries, including Libbey-Owens-Ford, Libbey Glass, Owens-Corning Fiberglass, Owens- Illinois, and the Jeep Corporation. Because of its proximity to Lake Erie, shipping is also a major industry and about 2,000 U.S. and foreign vessels visit the city annually. As the cultural and economic center for Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, Toledo has a lot to offer.
- Due to it's mid-continent location and proximity to the lake, the Toledo area experiences moderate snowfall, rainfall, and temperatures.
- The plethora of metroparks and nature preserves provide residents with a great outdoors experience with over a thousand miles of hiking trails and beautiful views. The proximity to Lake Erie and Maumee Bay is ideal for outdoors and water aficionados.
- There are dozens of golf courses surrounding Toledo and two public courses, South Toledo Golf Club and Heatherdowns Country Club, less than three miles from UTMC.
- The Toledo Zoological Gardens is among the top 10 zoos in the country. The zoo has many activities throughout the year such as Music Under the Stars and the Lights Before Christmas.
- Downtown Toledo is full of activity with the Huntington Center, Fifth Third Field, theaters, and a vibrant nightlife on the Maumee River.
Fifth Third Field, Home of the Toledo Mud Hens