Public Health and Preventive Medicine in Action
In the News
Click on the links below to view discussions about current news and the relationship to public health issues. The conversations are conducted by Dr. Paul Rega, MD, and Dr. Brian Fink, PhD--both from the Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine.
- The Deadliest Outbreak in History
- Watching our Backs--Preventing Ebola in the USA
- Contact Tracing in Dallas: A Public Health Specialty
- At a Biocontainment Unit In Nebraska
- An Incident in West Virginia: The First Three Days--Real Life Example of Emergency Preparedness
- Hypothermia and the Older Adult
- Raw Milk: An Udderly Serious Problem!
- Chikungunya What in the World is that?
- Measles--The Childhood disease still is a threat.
- Meningitis at Princeton University
- A Case of Vibrio Vulnificus How swimming in warm water can kill you..............
- Everything You Want to Know About the Flu Vaccine
- It's Flu Season!
- Prepping for Disaster
- Smallpox Pandemic Preparedness
- Pandemic Preparation in Sardina
- Panic on the Pike! Local emergency drill.
- Public Health in Disaster Scenarios: Re-examining Memorial Hospital After Katrina
- In the Wake of Haiyan: Disaster in the Philipine
- Sarin in Syria and a Look Back
- POLIO IN THE MIDDLE EAST
- Polonium & Litvinenko: The beginning of an era of "nuclear terrorism"
- Disaster Stress and Older Adults
- Using the Internet for Earthquake Surveillance
Your Environment and Your Choices
- Death by Lightning!
- Stanford Hospital and Asiana Airways Flight 214
- High Energy Explosives
- Homemade Chemical Bombs in the USA: 2003-2011
- The Boston Marathon
- The Ten Deadliest Tornadoes in U.S. History
- Creating a Tornado-Proof Hospital: Lessons from Joplin
- Nightmare Bacteria: Resistant to Antibiotics and Likely to Kill You
- National Kidney Month
- Kidneys and Cannabinoids--What Pot Can Do to Your Kidneys!
- FDA Takes Action on Nizoral Pills--There's a Fungus Among Us!
- The Ferry Boat and the Dock
- The Underbelly of NEMO: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Adverse Conditions
- Obliterative Bronchiolitis: An Occupational Hazard in Another Occupation (Think: Popcorn!
- Ginko Biloba and the Geriatric Population-- Does it really work?
- Public Health Implications of Dementia
- Salmonella Saintpaul Cucumber Outbreak--What bugs are in your food?
- Listeria Illnesses, Deaths, and Outbreak - U.S. 2009-2011
- The Hajj and MERS-CoV--Hajj Pilgrims Denied Visas to Avoid Spreading Disease!
- Drowsy Driving--Stayin' Awake and Stayin' Alive