- Environmental Sciences Home
- Career Paths & Opportunities
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Program
- Faculty, Staff, Students
- Faculty Research Interests
- Facilities & Research Equipment
- Student Services
- DEPARTMENT RESOURCES
- ES Seminar Schedule
- Computer Lab & MacBook Cart Reservations & Calendar
- Science Day 2014
TOLEDO PEREGRINE PROJECT
- Our Department is proud the host the Toledo Peregrine Project with live audio/video of the peregrine falcon nest at the top of University Hall! Learn about falcons and support the fal-cam!
- College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics (NSM)
- NSM College Catalog
- UT Academic Calendar
- UT Campus Map (PDF)
Wolfe Hall Suite 1235
2801 West Bancroft St.,
Mail Stop #604
Toledo, Ohio 43606-3390
Thesis Research Proposal for MS Students
All full-time, thesis-track MS graduate students are required to submit a thesis research proposal, after approval by their entire thesis committee, to the departmental Graduate Adviser by no later than the end of the seventh week of their second semester (or the end of Summer Session I if they started in the Spring). The thesis proposal should include the following sections:
- Tentative thesis title.
- List of thesis committee members.
- Statement of the problem, including a background discussion with a review of the pertinent literature.
- Statement of objectives, including a list of specific objectives to be achieved by the research and, when appropriate, the formulation of a testable hypothesis.
- Description of the methodology to be employed, including the specific field and/or laboratory techniques or activities, and also a timeline for when the various stages of the research will be completed.
- Expected results, including the specific outcomes that are anticipated from the research.
- References cited.
Continued financial support for a student is contingent upon their making good academic progress in their program of study, and submitting an approved research proposal by the required date is part of the expected progress. It is also expected that faculty research advisers will make all reasonable efforts to see that their students adhere to this requirement.
This policy will be applied to all students entering the graduate program beginning in Fall 2007.