Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the summer 2013 LEC newsletter (PDF; 1.8 mb)
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- Check the Nowcast Water Quality Report for the Lake Erie Beach at Maumee Bay State Park
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our new Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
Camera enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels are invited to participate in the Lake Erie Center's 4th annual photo contest, themed "the Nature of Maumee Bay." Our Bay has many natural resources, and we want you to share your vision with us! Take your best snapshots of your favorite nature topic within Maumee Bay, including wildlife, plants, landscapes, or people interacting with nature, then send them in and compete.
Toparticipate, all entries must be submitted before October 15, 2010. Color or Black and White photographs will be accepted.
Entries will be divided and judged by age groups in the following classes: under 12, teens 13-17, and adults. Entries limited
to five (5)
Prizes include $50 VISA gift cards for the winner of each age category!
- Age and category entering (adult, teen or youth)
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Number of photos you're submitting
- Photo locations
- Any additional information about your photos that you wish to provide
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2009 Nature of Maumee Bay Photo Contest!! View the winning entries, here.