Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Sigma Xi
- LEC Photo Contest
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Fall 2014
LEC Newsletter (PDF, 1.6 mb)
- View our recent press releases
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our Environmental Sensor Network
- Wetlands Restoration Project
- UT Water Task Force
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
Thank you for your submissions! We are no longer accepting photos for the 2014 contest!
Judging for the 2014 LEC Photo Contest will begin after Thanksgiving.
All of the photos will be displayed here as well as our Facebook Page.
Stop by our Facebook page soon to cast your vote on the People's Choice Photograph!
Camera enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels are invited to participate in the
Lake Erie Center's 6th annual photo contest, themed "The Nature of our Region: From Oak Openings to Maumee Bay". Our region has many natural resources, and we want you to share your vision with
us! Take your best snapshots of your favorite nature topic within NW Ohio, including
wildlife, plants, landscapes, or people interacting with nature, then send them in
To participate, all entries must be submitted by Monday, November 10, 2014. Color or Black and White photographs will be accepted. Entries will be divided and judged by age groups in the following classes: junior youth (6 and under), youth (7 - 12), teens (13-17), adults, and special needs adults. Entries limited to five (5) per person.
Prizes include $50 VISA gift cards for the winner of each age category!How do I enter?
- Age and category entering (adult, teen or youth)
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Number of photos you're submitting
- Photo locations
- Any additional information about your photos that you wish to provide
Visit our Facebook Page to view winning entries from previous years!