6200 Bayshore Rd.
Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Winter/Spring 2014
LEC Newsletter (PDF, 1.7 mb)
- View our recent press releases
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
- Documentary Screening. "Thunder on the Farm". Cap Averill II, Mantis and Moon, Inc. Film company. December 6, 7:00 PM (Open to the Public)
- Public Talk Series. "Thinking Sustainingly: What Would That Be Like?”. Charles V. Blatz, Department of Philosophy, University of Toledo. Thursday November 8, 7:00 PM (Open to the Public)
- Public Talk Series. "Magical and Mysterious Monarchs" . Dana Bollin, Maumee Bay State Park Nature Center. Tuesday October
16, 7:00 PM (Open to the public)
- Public Talk Series. Modeling and Forecasting PCBs and Atrazine in Lake Michigan. Dr. Russell G. Kreis, Jr., U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency. Wednesday September 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM (Open to the public).
- Public Talk Series. Diversity and source tracking of bacteria at our beaches and streams. Dr. Jeffrey Ram, Wayne State
University. Wednesday July 18, 2007 at 7:00 PM (Open to the public).
- Premier of "A Watershed Mentality" a WFWA PBS39 documentary. Funded in part through the Great Lakes Commission. June 14, 2007
at 7:00 PM
(Open to the Public).
- Public Talk Series. Coastal Policy: The Conflict Over Rights and Responsibilities. Dr. Samuel Speck, emeritus Director of Ohio Department of Natural Resources and former President Muskingham University. Tuesday April 10, 2007 at 7:00 PM (Open to the public).
- Research forum and Workshop for " GEODEPUB - GEOspatial Technology to Develop Environmental Restoration and PUBlic Health Research: Integrating Economic Growth and Ecological Sustainability at Land-Water-Air Interfaces" March 14, 2007.
- Public Talk Series. Contaminated Freshwater Sediments: Considering In Situ Alternatives. ABSTRACT Cyndee L. Gruden, PhD, PE Assistant Professor Department of Civil Engineering, University of Toledo. March 14, 2007 at 7:00 PM. (Open to the Public)
- Public Talk Series. Using predictive models to provide a nowcast of bacteria levels and beach advisories at Lake Erie beaches. Donna Francy USGS. January 23, 2007 7:00 PM (Open to the Public)
- DES Friday Seminar. Temporal Dynamics of Pond Food Webs in Fluctuating Ecosystems. Dr. Amy Downing of Ohio Wesleyan University. Friday Jan 19, 2007. 3:00 PM.
- Ohio EPA Public Hearing, FirstEnergy/Bayshore Draft NPDES Permit Renewal Public Information Session and Hearing. January 16, 2007. 6:30 PM. (Open to the Public).