Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Winter/Spring 2013
Newsletter (PDF, 1.5mb)
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- Check the Nowcast Water Quality Report for the Lake Erie Beach at Maumee Bay State Park
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our new Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
Lake Erie Center Facilities
The LEC has a large Consolidated Autoclave (16”x16”x26”) in room LEC-110. There are only a few requirements for its use. Please be sure that you are confident with how to run it. Also, fill out the log sheet that is kept near it. Finally, clean any spills and give it and the area around it a wipe down when you are finished.
That room also has a dishwasher. Its only caveat is that since it has been hooked to the LEC’s RO water system, which has a water pressure significantly lower that city water, the dishwasher’s cycle takes several hours.
There is also a crushed ice-maker available. This ice is not recommended for human consumption. Please remember to shut its access door and put the scoop back on top of the machine when finished.
The counter space, sink, and equipment in this room are for communal use. Please remove your materials as soon as you are
done and help maintain a
safe and healthy working environment by cleaning up after yourself promptly.