- About the College of Nursing
- Assessment Plan
- Community of Nurse Preceptors and Mentors
- Continuing Nursing Education
- Dean's Welcome Message
- Information Sessions
- News and Upcoming Events
- Nursing Lab and Simulation Center
- Nursing LEADS Newsletter
- Nursing Research & Evaluation
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Student Nursing Association
- Ways to give to the College of Nursing
Health Science Campus
Collier Building, RM 4405
3000 Arlington Ave
Toledo, OH 43614
Mail Stop 1026
Student Services: 419.383.5810
Undergrad Advisor: 419.530.2673
Graduate Advisor: 419.383.5841
ATTENTION GRADUATE NURSING APPLICANTS:
Graduate application materials are submitted through the Nursing Centralized Application Service(NursingCAS) https://portal.nursingcas.org. A supplemental application is also required and can be found at http://apply.utoledo.edu. Program admission cycle information posted at http://www.utoledo.edu/nursing/grad_checklist.html.
The Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate (FNP-C) program is offered to individuals who have completed a master's degree in nursing and who desire to obtain specialized knowledge to seek certification as an FNP. Graduates of the program will be qualified to take national FNP certification examinations.
The program is offered in a four-semester, part-time option. The curriculum is designed to prepare professional nurses for the FNP role in primary nursing care. The curriculum includes a minimum of 600 contact hours for clinical practice and laboratory experiences.
- Master's degree in nursing from an accredited college/university. Degree in nursing
from a school that is accredited by a nationally recognized body for nursing education
- Overall grade point average of 3.0
- Submission of official transcripts from all academic institutions to NursingCAS.
- Personal statement describing career goals, future plans for employment and expectations
for graduate study.
- Submit your personal statement via the "Personal Statement" section of the NursingCAS, title it "University of Toledo"
- Current resume or CV, listing current state and/or territory RN license number.
- Upload a copy of your current resume or CV in the "Documents Upload" section of NursingCAS.
- Three recommendation forms completed by professional sources (Master in Nursing preferred)
- To be submitted electronically on your behalf via the "References" section of NursingCAS.
*Minimum required test scores: http://www.utoledo.edu/graduate/prospectivestudents/admission/guidelines.html
The University of Toledo College of Nursing is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing and nationally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, (202) 887.6791. Graduates of the advanced practice programs are qualified to take national certification examinations in their specialty areas and are eligible to apply for Certificates of Authority granted by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
|Course #||Course Title||Credit|
|NURS5680||Advanced Physiology & Pathophysiology*||
|NURS5740||Advanced Health Assessment (4 lab hours/week)*||4|
|Course #||Course Title||Credit|
|NURS6210||FNP I: Adolescents and Adults (12 clinical hours/week)||
|NURS6220||FNP II: Women and Children (12 clinical hours/week)||
|NURS6230||FNP III: Adults and Older Adults (18 clinical hours/week)||
Total Semester Credits 25
|*If the course was completed greater than 5 years prior to matriculation, the course must be completed.|