- University Council Home
- University Council Constitution
- University Council Bylaws
- Meeting Schedule
- Executive Committee
- Contact Us
- Office of the President
- Office of the Provost
- Faculty Senate
- Professional Staff Association
- University Policy website
- Academic Calendar
- University System of Ohio
- Ohio Board of Regents
University HallRoom: 3340
Mail Stop 939
Fax: 419.530.4496 firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the executive committee is to help the University Council perform business efficiently and effectively by acting on matters that require a rapid response.
The executive committee consists of eight members:
- President or designee
- Faculty Senate President
- Graduate Council Chair
- Student Government President
- Graduate Student Association President
- Professional Staff Council Chair
- Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Chancellor and Executive Vice President for Biosciences and Health Affairs
The Chair of University Council serves as the Chair of the Executive Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Committee acts on behalf of the Council between meetings of the Council, and reports these actions to the Council.
The Executive Committee establishes the agenda for University Council. Any member of University Council may suggest an item to the Executive Committee for placement on the agenda. The Executive Committee refers matters to the appropriate University Council committee. The Executive Committee has the power to call, by vote of any three members, a special meeting of the Council, and has such power and duties as the University Council may delegate to it during periods when the Council is not in session. The Executive Committee reviews the structure, operation, and effectiveness of the University Council.
Executive Committee members are available as an advisory group to the Board of Trustees for advice.