- Regulatory & Compliance
- Training & Education
- Questions, Answers, and Facts
- Human Resources
- Contact Us
Suite 1050, MS 205
2801 W. Bancroft St.
Toledo, Ohio 43606
The Office of Institutional Diversity is an integral institutional mechanism that is committed to the development of a diverse, culturally inclusive environment that respects and values differences across the University of Toledo campus. The office works to insure that everyone has access to all services, accommodations and that personnel decisions comply with the UT non-discrimination policies.
To become a leader among institutions of high learning for incorporating diversity into our curriculum, research, service, patient care, recruitment and retention of faculty, staff and students and one that encourages a free exchange of ideas and dialogue toward understanding issues of difference.
- To cooperatively coordinate institutional-wide efforts to increase the number of students from traditionally under-represented racial groups.
- To main involvement with the College of Medicine Admissions Committee.
- To provide support and serve as a resource for the African American Student Enrichment Initiative Office.
- To build and enhance partnerships with communities that support diversity at the University of Toledo and the surrounding communities.
- To promote the involvement of the institution in community unification efforts.
- To host the State of the State nation-wide conference and submit scholarly articles to major journals.
- To provide support services that assist in increasing the recruitment, retention and representation of diverse, faculty, administrators and staff to a level that is an appropriate reflection of the pool of availability for traditionally under-represented minority groups.
- To engage the entire UT community in an effort to foster a welcoming campus environment that respects differences and encourages inclusiveness; and one in which its members are diverse offering perspectives from which all can gain knowledge and skills.
- To provide support services that assist in increasing the recruitment, retention of diverse, faculty to a level that is an appropriate reflection of the pool of traditionally under-represented racial and minority groups that are available regionally and nationally.
- To update our ADA, Equal Opportunity and Sexual and Other Prohibited Harassment Policies.