Outstanding AdvisEr Award
- 2013 Christina Hennen,
- 2012 Michelle Rose,
Dr. Linda L. Smith
- 2011 Dr. Christine Hinko,
Dr. Robert Detwiler
- 2010 Dr.Christina Fitzgerald,
Kathy Helmick, Wiona Altic Porath
- 2009 Chanda Filipek,
Dr. David Wilson
- 2008 Dr. Jeanne (Funk) Brockmyer, Kim Pollauf
- 2007 Patricia Beckett,
- 2006 Patricia Komuniecki,
Deborah J. Sobczak
- 2005 Cora Allen, Alice Skeens
- 2004 Deborah Jones, Elliot Tramer
- 2003 Marie Johnson-Ham,
Nancy Lapp, Sharon Schnarre
- 2002 Julie Fischer-Kinney,
- 2001 Lisa Bollman,
- 2000 Raymond F. Jackson,
William P. Mies
- 1999 Mary G. Ormson,
- 1998 Michael Phillips,
- 1997 Martha Carroll
- 1996 Patricia Hoover,
- 1995 Ted McHugh,
Barb Roberston (Snavely)
- 1994 Steven Kramer
- 1993 Krzysztof Cios,
- 1992 Jon Steingass, Dorothy Petee
- 1991 Mary Sue Cave, Dottie Welch
- 1990 Thelma Fernades
- 1989 Fred Andrews
- 1988 Robert Schlembach
- 1987 Al Grande
- 1986 Jim Larson
- Students, alumni, faculty, and staff are strongly encouraged to nominate faculty and staff who exemplify excellence in academic advising.
- Completed nomination forms must be electronically submitted online no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 25, 2013 to be considered in this year's competition.
- Winners are eligible to win $1,500.
- Nomination Form
Do you know an academic adviser who...
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills?
- Educates and empowers students to make informed academic decisions & prioritize their commitments to maximize academic success?
- Is knowledgeable about The University of Toledo policies & resources?
If so, consider nominating this individual for the Outstanding Adviser Award.
Nominations are open beginning February 26, 2013.
The Outstanding Adviser Award was established at The University of Toledo in 1986 to honor faculty and staff who exemplify excellence in academic advising. Academic advising assists students in the development of meaningful educational plans that enrich their studies and promote the achievement of life goals. This award is one way in which The University of Toledo expresses its commitment to this very important component of higher education.
Students, alumni, faculty, and staff are strongly encouraged to nominate candidates for the Outstanding Adviser Award. Nominees will be notified by the Selection Committee and asked to submit a personal philosophy on advising and either a resume or curriculum vita.
Previous Outstanding Adviser Award winners are not eligible to receive the award.
For further information please contact:
Office of the Provost
The University of Toledo
UH 5120 MS 934