Baccalaureate/MD Program (Bac/MD)
NOTICE: The BAC/MD program has changed for students applying for admission into undergraduate programs at UT for fall 2015 and beyond. There is no longer a guaranteed acceptance into the College of Medicine as a high school senior and students can no longer complete the bachelor’s degree and MD degree in a shortened time period through the “in absentia” process.
Students admitted into the BAC/MD program Fall 2006 through Fall 2014 were accepted under the previous version of the program. The conditions of their acceptance remain the same.
The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, College of Language, Literature and Social Science, and the College of Communications and Art are proud to offer the joint BAC/MD pipeline program with the University of Toledo College of Medicine. Students admitted to this program are provided a mentoring program and guaranteed an interview with the College of Medicine’s Admissions Committee through an early admissions pathway provided they maintain a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.5 and have been involved in extra-curricular activities demonstrating a sincere interest in a medical career as well as demonstrating a compassionate and caring attitude.
BAC/MD Admission Requirements
All applicants are admitted to the undergraduate portion of the BAC/MD program if they meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status in the U.S (permanent residency "green" card). If applying as a permanent resident, an applicant must be a permanent resident at the time of application and will be required to submit a photocopy of the front and back of their permanent residency card.
- a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- a composite ACT score of at least 30 or a composite SAT math and critical reading score of at least 1340
All qualified applicants are accepted to the undergraduate portion of the BAC/MD program and will be invited to participate in a College of Medicine mentoring program. Undergraduate BAC/MD students who successfully complete the requirements of this mentoring program and maintain a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA will be invited for an early interview with the College of Medicine’s Admissions Committee during the Fall of their 3rd year of undergraduate studies.
Given the admission requirements that BAC/MD applicants must meet, we strongly encourage all BAC/MD applicants to apply for the Presidential Scholarship. The Presidential Scholarship is the most prestigious undergraduate scholarship at the University of Toledo paying full tuition and room and board. Please see the Presidential Scholarship website for more information.
How to Apply
All interested students meeting the qualifications (3.8 GPA, 30 ACT or 1340 SAT) should take the following steps:
1. Submit the on-line UT undergraduate application. Please refer to Undergraduate Admissions for instructions on how to apply to the University of Toledo.
2. Apply to a major granted by one of these three colleges: College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, College of Language, Literature, and Social Sciences, or College of Communication and the Arts. Students not in a major in one of these three colleges are not eligible for participation in this program.
3. Select the Pmed concentration code.
4. Notify the Pmed/Pden/Pvet Adviser via e-mail (Sharon.email@example.com) of your desire to be a student in the BAC/MD pipeline no later than May 1, 2015.
5. No additional application materials are required for the BAC/MD program as an entering student.