Baccalaureate to MD Pipeline Program (Bac/MD)
The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics and the College Arts and Letters are proud to offer the joint BAC to MD Pipeline program with the University of Toledo College of Medicine. Students admitted to this program are provided a mentoring program and guaranteed an interview with the College of Medicine’s Admissions Committee through an early admissions pathway provided they maintain a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.5 and have been involved in extra-curricular activities demonstrating a sincere interest in a medical career as well as demonstrating a compassionate and caring attitude.
BAC to MD Pipeline Admission Requirements
All applicants are admitted to the undergraduate portion of the BAC/MD program if they meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status in the U.S (permanent residency "green" card). If applying as a permanent resident, an applicant must be a permanent resident at the time of application and will be required to submit a photocopy of the front and back of their permanent residency card.
- a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- a composite ACT score of at least 28 or a combined math and critical reading SAT score of at least 1260 (taken prior to March 2016) or 1320 (taken after March 2016).
All qualified applicants are accepted to the undergraduate portion of the BAC to MD program and will be invited to participate in a College of Medicine mentoring program. Undergraduate BAC to MD students who successfully complete the requirements of this mentoring program and maintain a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA will be invited for an early interview with the College of Medicine’s Admissions Committee during the Fall of their 3rd year of undergraduate studies.
How to Apply
All interested students meeting the qualifications (3.5 GPA unweighted, 28 ACT or 1260 SAT (taken prior to March 2016) or 1320 (taken after March 2016) should take the following steps:
1. Submit the on-line UT undergraduate application. Please refer to Undergraduate Admissions for instructions on how to apply to the University of Toledo.
2. Apply to a major granted by one of these three colleges: College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, College of Language, Literature, and Social Sciences, or College of Communication and the Arts. Students not in a major in one of these three colleges are not eligible for participation in this program.
3. Select the Pmed concentration code.
4. Once you have received your acceptance letter into the UT undergraduate program you selected, apply for the BAC/MD program by completing the information form at online application form. You will need your Rocket ID which will be in your acceptance letter.
5. Notify the Pmed/Pden/Pvet Adviser via e-mail (Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org) of that you have submitted the applications for this program.