- Women & Philanthropy Home
- Organization History
- Membership Information
- Meeting Schedules
- Grant Information
- W&P News
- Activities & Events
- Photo Gallery
- ~ Archive 2010, 2011
- ~ Archive 2006 - 2009
- Contact Information
- Office of Development
- UT Foundation
- Alumni Relations
- Office of Special Events
- UT News
- Campus Directory
2801 West Bancroft, MS 318 Toledo, Ohio 43606
A group of women donors to The University of Toledo met in 2004 to begin laying the groundwork for a women’s giving circle at UT. This culminated in November of 2005 when the group officially organized under the name of “Women & Philanthropy at The University of Toledo” (W&P). Bylaws for the group were established and work began to bring the vision to life.
Members of our giving circle pledge a minimum of $1,000 per year to a donor-designated fund at The University of Toledo Foundation. All donations from members are deposited into a pooled fund and at the end of the year, the monies will be granted to a University program based on a member vote.
Inaddition to the philanthropic work done by the circle, members enjoy special programming and the opportunity to meet with each other. Members care deeply about their opportunities to influence, mentor and guide other young women on their own private road to philanthropy.
Through an unwavering commitment to The University of Toledo, members hope to empower and educate women in philanthropic activities through networking and leadership opportunities.
In a Nutshell -
- W&P is a grass roots women’s organization that will provide legacy gifts designed to enhance and benefit The University of Toledo.
- Women control a full 85 percent of the purchasing decisions in the United States.
- You can write your own job description in W&P.
- One general membership meeting a year to vote on grants. The executive committee meets a minimum of four times a year.
- There are other programs and events to attend for networking and fun.
- Membership in W&P is $1,000 per year and gives you one vote in grant decisions.
- Collectively, the sky is the limit.
- Whether you are an alum, or not, this is your University.
- The University of Toledo has a powerful economic and social impact on the community. The University of Toledo is one of only 17 universities in the nation offering a broad range of professional programs to include Engineering, Education, Pharmacy, Business, Medicine, Nursing, Health Sciences, Law, Arts and Sciences. The University of Toledo is a great source of pride and opportunity.
- Building enhancements
- Landscape enhancements
- Contributions to various college initiatives
- New programs
- Improving existing programs.