CD3 - Therapeutic Area and Technical Emphases
Depending upon the interest level expressed by external parties, focus groups or consortia
can be readily established in selected therapeutic
categories and technical areas. These groups would meet on a regular basis and bring
together investigators from different technical backgrounds
who share a general interest in the overall topic or have a specific interest in some
aspect of the topic.
For example, some consortia already established and formalized internally because of compelling common interests, are listed below. Participating institutions and/or departments are indicated within parentheses.
- Oncology-Basic Research, New Drug Discovery, Dietary Supplements (UT MC and HSC; SVMMC; BGSU)
- Chiral Auxiliaries For Synthesis of Enantiomerically Defined Drugs
- Molecular Modeling/Statistical Methods (UT MBC, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics and Math Departments; Private Sector)
- Critical Care And Topical Soft Drugs (UT; SVMMC)
- Human Drug Metabolism Database (IUPAC; IUPHAR)
Technical descriptions of specific programs being undertaken witin the CD3's Research
Portfolio are available upon request.
MBC - Medicinal and Biological Chemistry Department.
IUPAC - International Union of Pure & Applied Chemistry
IUPHAR - International Union of Pharmacology