Connect With Us
Resources and Links
- Blackboard/WebCT Login
- Bully Incident Report
- College Catalog
- Drug Information Resources
- Experiential Education
- Honors Program
- Library/Learning Resources
- Research Opportunities for CPPS Students
- Student Affairs
- Student Organizations
- Success Coach Program
Health Science Campus
Frederic and Mary Wolfe Center
Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics
- Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutics from the University of Louisiana at Monroe, LA in 2005
- Master of Pharmacy College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical College, University of Kerala, India
- Bachelor of Pharmacy College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical College, University of Kerala, India
Scope of Practice and Curriculum
- Associate Professor, the University of Toledo, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Nanoparticulate systems for drug delivery. Focus areas include oral, intravenous, and pulmonary routes of administration. Target compounds are antibiotics, proteins, and anti-cancer drugs.
- Computational support systems in compounding sterile preparations.
- Virtual simulation systems in teaching.
Recent Publications (past five years)
- Nesamony J., and Kolling, W.M., 2009. Modulation of crystal growth in microemulsion-based reactors using polymers, Pathak, Y., and Tran, H., (Eds), Center for Nanotechnology Education, Research and Application, Louisville, KY, pp 156-168.
- Nguyen, S., Baki G, Nesamony J, and Boddu S.H.S., 2012. Vaginal Drug Delivery, Mitra, A.K. (Ed), Jones and Bartlett Learning, Burlington, MA. (In Press)
- Lakkadwala S, Nguyen S, Nesamony J, and Boddu S.H.S. 2013. Use of smart polymers in drug delivery, In: Pharmaceutical Excipients: Chemistry, Functionality, & Regulatory Aspects, Edited by Narang AS, Metin C, and Boddu SHS, and published by Springer. (In press)
- Nesamony, J., and Peeters, M.J., 2013. Active Learning & Technology: A Feasibility Pilot Study with Student Participation Technology. Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL, United States, July 13-17, Volume 77.
- Nesamony J., Manek R.V., and Kolling W.M. 2009. Structure and Dynamics of Self-Assembling Nanostructures in Isopropyl Myristate (IPM)/Di-Octyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate (DOSS)/Water Ternary Systems. Central Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Cleveland, OH, United States, May 20-23, Pages CRM-073
- Patel, MN., Lakkadwala, S., Majrad, MS., Injeti, ER., Golmer, SM., Shah, ZA., Boddu, SHS., and Nesamony, J., 2014. Characterization, and evaluation of 5-Fluorouracil loaded solid lipid nanoparticles prepared via a temperature modulated solidification technique. AAPS PharmSciTech (accepted for publication 5/14/14)
- Lakkadwala S., Nguyen S., Lawrence J., Nauli SM., and Nesamony J. 2013. Physico-chemical characterization, cytotoxic activity, and biocompatibility studies of tamoxifen-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles prepared via a temperature-modulated solidification method, Journal of Microencapsulation, (Accepted for publication 02/17/14)
- Nesamony, J., Manek, RV., and Kolling, WM. 2013. Evaluating the structure and dynamics of water in nanoemulsions using rheology, light scattering, and differential scanning calorimetry, Current Nanoscience (accepted for publication 10/28/13)
- Gandra SCR., Nguyen S., Nazzal SM., Alayoubi A., Jung R, and Nesamony J. 2013. Thermoresponsive fluconazole hydrogels for topical delivery: Rheological and mechanical properties, in vitro drug release, and anti-fungal efficacy,Pharmaceutical Development and Technology (accepted for publication 9/9/13)
- Nesamony J., Shah IS., Kalra A., and Jung R, 2013. Nebulized oil-in-water nanoemulsion mists for pulmonary delivery: Development, physico-chemical characterization and in vitro evaluation, Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy (accepted for publication 6/2/13)
- Nesamony J., Kalra A., Majrad M., Boddu S.H.S., Jung R, Williams F.E., Schnapp A, Nauli S, and Kalinoski A. 2013. Development and characterization of nanostructured mists with potential for actively targeting poorly water-soluble compounds into the lungs, Pharmaceutical Research (Accepted for publication 5/14/13)
- Boddu S.H.S, Nesamony J, 2013. Utility of transporter/receptor(s) in drug delivery to the eye, World Journal of Pharmacology, 2(1), 1-46.
- Nesamony J., Zachar C.L., Jung R., Williams F.E., and Nauli S., 2013. Preparation, characterization, sterility validations, and in vitro cell toxicity studies of microemulsions possessing potential parenteral applications, Drug Dev. Ind. Pharm., 39(2), 240-251.
- Nesamony J., Singh P.R., Nada S.E., Shah Z.A., and Kolling W.M., 2012. Calcium alginate nanoparticles synthesized through a novel interfacial cross-linking method as a potential protein drug delivery system, J. Pharm. Sci., 101(6), 2177-2184. (Top 10 most downloaded articles from the journal between April, 2012 and June 2012)
- Outstanding Professor of the Year, 2011
- Outstanding Faculty of the Year, 2012