Connect With Us
Resources and Links
- Blackboard/WebCT Login
- College Catalog
- Career Series Bulletin
- Drug Information Resources
- Experiential Education
- Honors Program
- Library/Learning Resources
- Research Opportunities for CPPS Students
- Student Affairs
- Student Organizations
Health Science Campus
Frederic and Mary Wolfe Center
Mariann Churchwell, Pharm.D., BCPS, FCCP
- Fellow of the College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Wayne State University
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Wayne State University
- Associate of Applied Science, Macomb Community College
Scope of Practice and Curriculum
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, The University of Toledo College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Clinical Pharmacist, Nephrology, the University of Toledo Medical Center
- Sowinski KM and Churchwell MD. Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis. Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach. 8th Edition McGraw Hill 2011. CH:54: p817 www.pharmacotherapyonline.com
- Churchwell MD. Nephrology. ACCP Updates in Therapeutics® 2012: The Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course.
- Sowinski KM, Churchwell MD and Decker BS. Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis. Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach. 9th Edition McGraw Hill 2014. CH 30 p665-685. www.pharmacotherapyonline.com
- Churchwell MD. Vancomycin Clearance during Slow Low Efficiency Dialysis. Pharmacother 2009;29(10):220-221e (Abstract #135)
- Zukkoor S, Mauro V, Churchwell M. Atorvastatin 80 mg Daily Therapy for Acute Coronary Syndrome: An Assessment of Short and Long Term Tolerability. Ohio College of Clinical Pharmacy October 2009 Cleveland, OH (Abstract #30)
- Zukkoor S, Mauro V, Churchwell M. Atorvastatin 80 mg Daily Therapy for Acute Coronary Syndrome: An Assessment of Short and Long Term Tolerability. 44th American Society of Health-System Pharmacy 2009 Mid-Year Meeting Las Vegas, NV
- Murray TD, Churchwell MD, Vilay AM, Mueller BA. Anticonvulsant drug clearance by in vitro models of slow low efficiency dialysis, continuous veno-venous hemofiltration, and continuous dialysis with albumin-supplemented dialysate. 45th American Society of Health-System Pharmacy 2010 Mid-Year Meeting Anaheim, CA
- Churchwell MD, Jung R, Ratnam S. Early versus late conversion to sirolimus from calcineurin inhibitor based immunosuppression in adult kidney transplant recipients: a single center retrospective study. American Society of Nephrology Renal Week 2011 Philadelphia, PA
- Hoover MJ, Mauro VF, Gundrum TE, Churchwell MD. Evaluating the role of statins in the prevention of contrast-induced nephropathy. 46th American Society of Health-System Pharmacy 2011 Mid-Year Meeting New Orleans, LA
- Khan A, Churchwell M, Gundrum T, Malhotra D. Predictors of resistance to erythropoietin therapy in chronic kidney disease. 47th American Society of Health-System Pharmacy 2012 Mid-Year Meeting Las Vegas, NV
- Thompson, E, Churchwell M, Jung R. Bleeding Risk Associated with Antiplatelet Therapy in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Following Acute Coronary Syndrome. 47th American Society of Health-System Pharmacy 2012 Mid-Year Meeting Las Vegas, NV
- Verlinden N, Thompson E, Churchwell M, Jung R. Bleeding Risk Associated with Antiplatelet Therapy in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Following Acute Coronary Syndrome. 48th American Society of Health-System Pharmacy 2013 Mid-Year Meeting Orlando, FL
- Churchwell MD, Pasko DA, Smoyer WE and Mueller BA. Enhanced Clearance of Highly Protein-bound Drugs by Albumin Dialysate during Modeled Continuous Hemodialysis. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2009;24(1):231-8.
- Vilay AM, Churchwell MD, Mueller BA. Drug Metabolism and Clearance in Acute Kidney Injury. Crit Care 2008;12(6):235.
- Stevenson JM, Patel JH, Churchwell MD, Vilay AM, Depestel DD, Sörgel F, Kinzig M, Jakob V, Mueller BA. Ertapenem Clearance during Modeled Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy. Int J Artif Organs 2008;31(12):1027-34.
- Pasko DA, Churchwell MD, Btaiche IF, Jain J, Mueller BA. from the Renal Replacement Therapy Kinetics Study Group. Continuous Venovenous Hemodiafiltration Trace Element Clearance in Pediatric Patients: A Case Series. Pediatr Nephrol 2009;24(4):807-13.
- Churchwell MD, Mueller BA. Drug Dosing during Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy. Semin Dial 2009 Mar-Apr;22(2):185-8.
- Salama NN, Segal JH, Churchwell MD, Patel JH, Gao L, Heung M, Mueller BA. Intradialytic Administration of Daptomycin in End Stage Renal Disease Patients on Hemodialysis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2009;4(7):1190-4.
- Patel JH, Churchwell MD, Seroogy JD, Barriere SL, Grio M, Mueller BA. Telavancin and Hydroxy propyl-beta-cyclodextrin Clearance during Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy: an In vitro Study. Int J Artif Organs. 2009 Oct;32(10):745-51.
- Salama NN, Segal JH, Churchwell MD, Patel JH, Gao L, Heung M, Mueller BA. Single-dose Daptomycin Pharmacokinetics in Chronic Haemodialysis Patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2010 Apr;25(4):1279-84.
- Peeters MJ, Churchwell MD, Mauro LS, Cappelletty DM, Stone GE. A Student-inclusive Pharmacotherapeutic Textbook Selection Process. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching & Learning 2010:2(1):31-38.
- Vilay AM, Shah KH, Churchwell MD, Patel JH, DePestel DD, Mueller BA. Modeled Dalbavancin Transmembrane Clearance during Intermittent and Continuous Renal Replacement Therapies. Blood Purif. 2010 Jun 24;30(1):37-43.
- Dotson B, Lynn S, Savakis K, Churchwell MD. Physical Compatibility of 4% Sodium Citrate with Selected Antimicrobial Agents. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2010 Jul 15;67(14):1195-8.
- Dotson B, Churchwell MD. Physical Compatibility of Catheter Lock Solutions with 4% Sodium Citrate and 18% Saline, Fluconazole, and Micafungin. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2011 Mar 1;68(5):377-8.
- Pasko DA, Churchwell MD, Salama NN, Mueller BA: Longitudinal Hemodiafilter Performance in Modeled Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy. Blood Purif 2011;32:82-88 (DOI: 10.1159/000324191)
- Churchwell MD. Use of an in vitro model of renal replacement therapy systems to estimate extracorporeal drug removal. J Clin Pharmacol. 2012 Jan;52(1 Suppl):35S-44S.
- Mueller BA, Jasiak KD, Thiel SR, Stevenson JM, Vilay AM, Scoville BA, Churchwell MD, Pasko DA, Perkins N. The Effects of Vibration on the Clearance of Various Molecular Weight Solutes during in vitro Dialysis. ASAIO J. 2013 Mar;59(2):140-144.
- Martha C, Boddu SH, Churchwell MD. Physical compatibility of sodium citrate with alcohol and cefepime. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2013 Jun 1;70(11):932-7.
- Faculty Excellence Award, 2010-2011
- America College of Clinical Pharmacy awarded Fellow of the College (FCCP) for sustained excellence in the discipline of Clinical Pharmacy, 2013
- Scholarship Committee Chair
- Resident Teaching Certificate Program, Program Coordinator