Sai HanumanSagar Boddu, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics
- PhD in Pharmaceutics and Drug Design, University of Missouri
- Masters in Pharmaceutics, NDMVP SAMAJ’S College Of Pharmacy, Nashik, Maharashtra, India
- Bachelors in Pharmaceutics, Bapatla College of Pharmacy, Bapatla, Andhra Pradesh, India
Scope of Practice and Curriculum
Pharmaceutics and Drug Design
- Associate Professor, The University of Toledo 2016 - present
- Assistant Professor, The University of Toledo 2011 - 2016
- Research Assistant, University of Missouri 2006 – 2010
- Part-time Lecturer, University of Pune, Yeola Maharashtra, India 2005 – 2006
- Research Associate, University of Pune, Yeola Maharashtra, India 2005 – 2006
- Graduate Assistant, NDMVP Samaj's College of Pharmacy Nashik Maharashtra, India 2003 - 2005
- Narang A, Boddu SHS. (2015) Excipient Applications in Formulation Design and Drug Delivery, Published by Springer.
- Derle DV, Boddu SHS. (2010). Essentials of Physical Pharmacy. Second edition, Pharma Book Syndicate: India
Book Chapters (selected)
Munjal B, Koradia V, Boddu SHS, Bansal A, Role of Innovator Product Characterization in Generic Product Development, In: Drug Delivery Applications of Excipients, Edited by Narang A, Boddu SHS and published by Springer, 2015, Pages 521-538.
- Baki G, Chaudhari SV, Gaudana R, Boddu SHS, Selection of Excipients Based on the Biopharmaceutics Classification System of Drugs, In: Drug Delivery Applications of Excipients, Edited by Narang A, Boddu SHS and published by Springer, 2015, Pages 351-383.
- Karla PK, Boddu SHS, Bonam SP, Islam Y, Bhargav P. Polyamide Polymers, In: Polymeric Nano-Carriers: for Pharmaceutical Applications, and published by CBS Publisher and Edited by Jain GK and Khar RK (Date of submission: 01/2013, Accepted for publication)
- Boddu SHS, Renukuntla J, Riga A, Alexander K. Excipients as Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, In: Drug Delivery Applications of Excipients, Edited by Narang A, Boddu SHS and published by Springer. 2015, Pages 613-636.
- Lakkadwala S, Nguyen S, Nesamony J, and Boddu SHS. Smart polymers in drug delivery, , In: Drug Delivery Applications of Excipients, Edited by Narang A, Boddu SHS and published by Springer, 2015, Pages 169-199
- Garapati C, Gupta H, Boddu SHS. Tailoring the Oral Drug Release Using Polymeric Excipients, In: Drug Delivery Applications of Excipients, Edited by Narang A, Boddu SHS and published by Springer. 2015, Pages 201-236.
- Wei Y, Dattachowdhury B, Vangara K, Alexander K, Boddu SHS. Excipients that Facilitate Amorphous Drug Stabilization, In: Drug Delivery Applications of Excipients, Edited by Narang A, Boddu SHS and published by Springer. 2015, Pages 463-495
- Boddu SHS, Gaudana R. Routes of drug delivery, In: Drug Delivery, Edited by Mitra AK, and published by Jones & Bartlett Learning, p. 335-356
- Nguyen S, Baki G, Nesamony J, Boddu SHS. Vaginal drug delivery, In: Drug Delivery, Edited by Mitra AK,and published by Jones & Bartlett Learning, p. 50-69
- Rittenhouse K, Atluri H, Boddu SHS, Mitra AK, Microdialysis - Utility in Establishing PK/PD Relationships in Ophthalmology, In: Treatise on Ocular Drug Delivery, 2013. Bentham Science, p. 161-202.
Peer-Reviewed Articles (selected)
- Al-Saedi Z, Zimmerman A, Bachu RD, Dey S, Shah Z, Baugh R, Boddu SHS. Dry Eye Disease: Present Challenges in the Management and Future Trends. Current pharmaceutical design. 2016 Jun.
- Al-Saedi ZH, Alzhrani RM, Boddu SHS. Formulation and In Vitro Evaluation of Cyclosporine-A Inserts Prepared Using Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose for Treating Dry Eye Disease. Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2016 Jun 13.
- Peeters Michael, Boddu SHS, Assessing Development in Critical Thinking: One Institution’s Experience, Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, (Accepted for publication)
- Alsaab H, Alzhrani RM, Boddu SHS. Evaluation of the Percutaneous Absorption of Chlorpromazine from PLO Gels across Porcine Ear and Human Abdominal Skin, Drug Delivery and Industrial Pharmacy, (2015): 1-9.
- Patel S, Garapati C, Chowdhury P, Gupta H, Nesamony J, Nauli S, Boddu SHS. Development and Evaluation of Dexamethasone Nanomicelles with Potential for Treating Posterior Uveitis After Topical Application.J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2015, 31(4): 215-227.
- Rao PS, Goodwani S, Bell RL, Wei Y, Boddu SHS, Sari Y. Effects of ampicillin, cefazolin and cefoperazone treatments on GLT1 expressions in the mesocorticolimbic system and ethanol intake in alcohol-preferring rats. Neuroscience. 2015, 295, 164-174.
- Garapati C, Clarke B, Zadora S, Burney C, Brent C, Ronald F, Baugh R, Boddu SHS. Development and In Vitro Characterization of Erythrosine Nanoparticles for Chronic Sinusitis Using Photodynamic Therapy, Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy, 2015 Mar;12(1):9-18.
- Boddu SHS, Alsaab H, Umar S, Bonam SP, Gupta H, Ahmed S, Anti-inflammatory Effects of a Novel Ricinoleic Acid Poloxamer Gel System for Transdermal Delivery, Int J Pharm, 2014 Dec 24;479(1):207-211
- Alhaddad H, Kim NT, Aal-Aaboda M, Althobaiti YS, Leighton J, Boddu SHS, Wei Y, Sari Y, Effects of MS-153 on chronic ethanol consumption and GLT1 modulation of glutamate levels in male alcohol-preferring rats. Front Behav Neurosci. 2014, 30(8):366.
- Wei Y, Nedley MP, Bhaduri SB, Bredzinski X, Boddu SHS. Masking the Bitter Taste of Injectable Lidocaine HCl Formulation for Dental Procedures, AAPS PharmSci, 2014, 16(2), 455-465.
- Ako-Adounvo AM, Nagarwal RC, Oliveira L, Boddu SHS, Wang X, Dey S, Karla PK. Recent Patents on Ophthalmic Nanoformulations and Therapeutic Implications. Recent Pat Drug Deliv Formul. 2014 Sep 26.
- Jakimczuk PJ, Churchwell MD, Howard MS, Mauro VF, Alexander KS, Boddu SHS. Compatibility of argatroban injection with select antiarrhythmic drugs. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2014 Nov 1;71(21):1831-2
- Patel MN, Lakkadwala S, Majrad MS, Injeti ER, Gollmer SM, Shah ZA, Boddu SHS, Nesamony J. Characterization and Evaluation of 5-Fluorouracil-Loaded Solid Lipid Nanoparticles Prepared via a Temperature-Modulated Solidification Technique. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2014 Dec;15(6):1498-508.
- Howard MS, Boddu SHS, Mauro VF, Churchwell MD, Intravenous Compatibility of Conivaptan Hydrochloride with Select Cardiovascular Medications, AJHP, 2014 (In print)
- Boddu SHS, Gupta H, Bonam SP. Preclinical evaluation of a ricinoleic acid poloxamer gel system for transdermal eyelid delivery. Int J Pharm. 2014, 15;470(1-2):158-161
Honors and Awards
- Moderated a Round Table session at the 2015 AAPS meeting in Orlando, FL
- Invited for a talk at the International Conference of Eye Disorder and Treatments to be held in Baltimore in July, 2015
- Member of the Rho Chi Society, 2012-Present
- Steering committee member of the AAPS Ocular Drug Delivery and Disposition focus group, 2015-Present
- Steering committee member of the AAPS Microdialysis focus group, 2012-Present
- Steering committee member of the AAPS excipient focus group, 2010-2014
- UMKC-Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Honor Recipient, Fall-2010
- UMKC-Chancellor's Doctoral Fellowship, (2008-10)
- UMKC-Chancellor Non-Resident award, (2006-10)
- Best poster award for Research Day 2010 at UMKC